Forums Latest Members
  1. Chef40 Dec 18, 2021

Ive owned several rolexes in my life but never paid retail. Im on a waiting list for 2 but not sure if il ever get the call. My latest daily wearer was a rolex gmt 116710 BLNR batman. I paid double retail for it which didn't sit right with me so sold it and decided not to buy another rolex until I get one at retail. I thought I'd buy a few watches in its place so bought a speedmaster mk ii racing dial and went to buy the new tudor pelagos fxd. Went to the rolex ad that I'm on waiting list for 2 rolexes and was told I needed to do an expression of interest as they don't have any. Complete deja vu. I refuse to do this yet again so will wait but notice they are already on ebay above retail. The same thing happened with the tudor gmt and now you can buy anywhere so will probably just wait as it does look a beautiful watch

2. stevec14 Dec 18, 2021

Yes, most tudors are scarce for the first 6-18 months and then they become available. I’d sit and wait. The grey prices are stupid. If you look now you can even get a panda chrono for 500 quid above retail so they’ll all become available.

Jerseyhammer likes this.
  3. Chef40 Dec 18, 2021

After writing this I phoned them and am on waiting list now lol. They told me 4 to 6 months. I really like the fact all the markers and numbers on bezel are lumed.

frazierspa likes this.
  4. frazierspa Feb 3, 2022

Well worth the wait, Chef!

0.jpeg
    Jerseyhammer and CPRwatch like this.
  5. Jayrock26v2 Apr 1, 2022

these should come down the hype has seemed to die down and personally I like the original better as far as proportions. I find Tudor is always just slightly off on one aspect or another they're so close to being a perfect watch company but always seem to shoot themselves in the foot. Cudo's for them trying to do something different though

6. stevec14 Apr 2, 2022

Yeah, I agree with that. For example the latest pro seems perfect - gmt in bb58 size but then they make it tall and slab sided. I’ve owned plenty and none of them have stuck. I do like the fxd however, but am concerned that the L2L might be a little broad for me.

Jayrock26v2 likes this.
  7. frazierspa Apr 2, 2022

Two months later and it still makes my heart race. The perfect tool watch.

55FD97A3-11B5-4238-9B84-AE1FAA3A5358.jpeg
    stevec14 and Scooterino36 like this.
  8. Jayrock26v2 Apr 2, 2022

something just seems off about the proportions, like all Tudor's idk it just doesn't sit right to the eye imo. although the regular pelages is so so so close to perfect. just a few tweaks

9. Huus Apr 8, 2022

I am thinking about buying one of these but looking for some more information and opinions of how it wears with the 52mm Lug to Lug measurement. Judging by the pictures you don't seem to have a very large wrist so if you wouldn't mind sharing your view on this that would be great. Maybe post some more wrist shots, from both sides also. Btw, my wrist is about 175mm or 7 inches.
    Another thing I am thinking about is if Tudor, over time, will release a black version like they have done with the 58 diver a couple of years back, when they released the blue version after having the black on the market for only a year or so. Time will tell.

Edited Apr 8, 2022
    frazierspa likes this.
  10. frazierspa Apr 8, 2022

Good morning, Huus! Like you I have a 7” wrist. You will have no issue whatsoever wearing the FXD. As to the 52mm LtoL measurement, another non-issue as the NATO strap simply covers the fixed lugs so you cannot see them. To save time I’ll cut and paste my thoughts that I shared on the Tudor Pelagos Facebook page. Please let me know if you should have anymore questions.

To those who are thinking about purchasing a Tudor Pelagos FXD but are still sitting on the fence, just do it! You can thank me later. After spending quality time with it I truly can’t find anything to complain about. It’s that good. It’s the definition of tool watch. Adjectives that first come to mind are purposeful, utilitarian, tough and rugged. Although it’s incredibly understated with its brushed Ti case, matte dark blue dial and ‘matte’ ceramic bezel, it surprisingly has great wrist presence. Don’t expect it to be showy or blingy. There is zero bling. The FXD’s design esthetic somehow offers a perfect balance between a relevant/trendy vibe and a vintage vibe. Like most Rolexes, this Reference has all of the good vintage details/DNA of its iconic ancestors and yet, still feels fresh and contemporary due to its lack of any faux vintage patina. It’s Ti light yet still feels substantial. The case size is 40mm and the bezel is 42.6mm so it wears comfortably on the wrist, similar to a 40mm Submariner, yet offers more wrist presence due to the oversized bezel. It sits ‘relatively low’ on the wrist due to its 12.75mm thickness and its standard single-pass NATO strap conforms perfectly to the wrist so it wears comfortably. From a practical side, it’s the most legible watch I’ve ever owned. Highly recommended.
    PS It’s an M.N. 21. My wrist size is 7” /18cm

11. frazierspa Apr 8, 2022

PS At least for now, the FXD is the closest we can get to this

BBF3E037-C06C-4DDA-83A0-E9931EB98BE4.jpeg
  12. Huus Apr 9, 2022

Thanks for the reply, and a pair of nicelooking snowflakes you have there.
    Unfortunately the nearest Tudor AD is about 2000 klm south from me so slipping down for a look at one will have to wait for the next opportunity I 'm down in the big smoke. I just keep reading up on it and hope more people share their opinions here.

frazierspa likes this.
  13. frazierspa Apr 9, 2022

You’re welcome. Sorry to mislead. Not my Tudor Subs. Just an IG photo. You might want to check out the YouTube video’s on the FXD as well. There are a dozen or so very in-depth reviews posted. Good luck in your quest!
    St

Huus likes this.