Forums Latest Members

Tudor Pelagius LHD trade for hesalite MOTM?

1. Hamshirescott Jun 6, 2019

i have a Tudor LHD Pelagos and not sure what to do. I also have a Rolex explorer 1 39mm. I just don’t wear the pelagos as much as it deserves and was considering selling it but not sure what to buy. I know it’s a bit biased here but really wanted an opinion. Would a moon watch wear that much smaller than the pelagos? Would you guys think trading a pelagos for a moonwatch is a good idea? Help! Don’t want to make a decision I might regret?!

Thanks

2. Hamshirescott Jun 6, 2019

The LHD.

0029851A-FF03-480B-8DF0-53AEA7FC0327.jpeg
  3. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Jun 6, 2019

74345F81-E267-4DAF-A85C-684E2416B7B9.jpeg 4D14FDF3-A094-495D-A4C9-00E9A317BA93.jpeg Have both. The Speedmaster is such a sexy beast, it gets most of the quality time. Pelagos is bigger but after you put it on you never notice.
    If I could have only one Omega man wins View attachment 778038 View attachment 778039

Edited Jun 6, 2019
    KeithS likes this.
  4. Stevedssd Jun 6, 2019

At one point I had all three versions of the Pelagos, it is a lovely dive watch, however I part-exchanged all of them over a year for Speedmasters. Whilst they are both 42mm, the Pelagos looks bigger but is lighter in weight. I decided I wanted less divers and would still make the same swaps, as I did. The Speedmaster is an awesome watch to wear on a bracelet or any number of strap options.

5. stuart70 Jun 6, 2019

Could you try and keep (have) both? If you want something smaller you could try the F.O.I.S. It is 40mm so may be a better fit.
    All are cool watches

6. Bp1000 Jun 6, 2019

I would definitely make the trade

I’m a massive Tudor fan and the Pelagos is a lot of watch for the price. It’s lightweight titanium makeup and spring clasp makes for an extremely comfortable and durable wear. It is a stellar holiday watch but it doesn’t have the charm and allure of a classic speedmaster. Nor does it have the heritage and history.

I happen to think the speedmaster in virtually any form is one the best watches anyone could own.

It wears big, i would say very similar to the pelagos but more tapered. With hesalite it clearly isn’t anymore near as durable and rugged as a titanium sapphire crystal pelagos... but if you are wearing this casually then that makes no difference.

I own a couple of black bays and the 58 and I adore them and I never went for the pelagos because I’m lucky enough to own a few subs and the black bays tick the boxes but nothing compares to my speedmasters.

7. Hamshirescott Jun 6, 2019

Thanks guys. I think I already knew what I wanted to do. Just need to find someone to trade now. Would be so much easier than having to sell. I hate the tyre kickers and hassle!

Twehttam likes this.
  8. Donn Chambers Jun 6, 2019

I think an Explorer and a Speedmaster would make a nicer pair than the Explorer and Pelagos. Both are classics.

9. Hamshirescott Jun 7, 2019

Thanks everyone.

10. MrJKLFoams Jun 7, 2019

I would keep the pelagos coz its a special version of pelagos since you have the exp 1 you need to have a divers then maybe get the moonwatch later. But thats me.

11. Hamshirescott Jun 7, 2019

The lack of waterproofness of the moon watch is the only negative. I like not thinking about having to remove it to have a shower or swim on holiday. Argh!! Just need more money to buy them all!

12. krh7 Jun 7, 2019

In the same boat, but looking at blue Pelagos too. LIke mentioned above, the lack of waterproofness is the main reason I haven't acted yet. Love having a watch I never have to worry about - especially in summer.

13. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 7, 2019

You have to think is the dive watch needed.

14. Hamshirescott Jun 8, 2019

Krth7 you can have my LHD!

15. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Jun 8, 2019

Here, let me help you with that first world problem.

1. you shower what...? Once a day? Or perhaps you can skip a day once in a while to save some water. You just remove your watch and place it where it will be available when you get out of the shower. Place it next to the bathroom sink for example.

2. Don’t wear that watch while on holiday where swimming is a possibility.

It is not that difficult.

16. Vega Mike Jun 8, 2019

Have you thought about keeping the Pelagos, it works well as a tool watch (or beater) and perhaps add the MOTM to your collection down the track.

That would give you a great 3 watch collection that you could rotate to cover almost every occasion or need.

17. Wetworks Jun 8, 2019

Understatement to say the least. I picked up the Pelagos for exactly that reason, it is my exclusive work watch (ER). Grade 2(?) Ti, flat crystal without external AR, excellent contrasted dial, larger than typical date window, ceramic matte bezel, and the aforementioned adjustable on the fly bracelet. It's truly a perfect tool watch, IMO.

18. Vega Mike Jun 8, 2019

Without question it was an understatement. Your Pelagos would be an invaluable tool in such a work environment for all the reasons you have already stated.

Keeping the the Pelagos and adding the timeless classic MOTM would round out the OP’s collection nicely I feel.

Wetworks likes this.
  19. krh7 Jun 8, 2019

yes, but keeping both is keeping 2 large watches.

20. JAAA Jun 9, 2019

Yes a Speedy Pro wears smaller than the Pelagos. The Speedy Pro actually wears thinner than the measurements suggests as most of that dimension does not come out all the way to the edges - only the tachymeter scale and the midcase really do.