Forums Latest Members

Tudor Heritage Black Bay Question

1. semper_shells Oct 27, 2017

Good evening everyone.

Thinking about switching my watch up a bit and need the infinite knowledge here. How difficult would it be to switch the bezel out on my Black Bay Black to one of the steel ones? First, is it even possible to purchase a steel one? From my research I don't think they are different sizes, so that shouldn't be a problem. I do not know where to purchase the steel bezel and would like to know if anyone could point me in the right direction.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Drawarms Oct 27, 2017

prob. buy it from a tudor dealer through their parts account. It will be pricey I bet.

semper_shells likes this.
  3. frederico Oct 27, 2017

Tudor won’t sell you a bezel, you have to send a watch back to them or an authorised repairer. And they won’t replace one bezel for that from another model. What you’re asking for is not technically repair, it’s modification, watch manufacturers are not interested in modifying their watches for customers. Add to that that the cost of the bezel IIRC is around $500...

Ssunnylee24 likes this.
  4. frederico Oct 27, 2017

Also the steel bezel version has different hands and dial, presumably you’d be ok with that? Why not just sell the N and buy the M if that’s what you want, it’ll work out a lot cheaper (and you won’t be left with a watch that you can’t sell)

5. nurseford25 Oct 28, 2017

I think the gold accents with the steel bezel might not look that great. Just my opinion. If you can get the parts though I can’t imagine the switch would be that hard.