Forums Latest Members
  1. SouthernScot Aug 13, 2020

As some of you will know today I went to my local AD to collect my GMT after the dreaded date wheel bug struck. When it was sent back a specific note was included that the protection on the watch was not to be removed.

All looked fine until I saw that the protection on the clasp and on the case back had been removed. The clasp was OK but the case back had two scratches across the middle. It is now making its way back to Tudor again so I am going to be without it for a while yet.

Has anyone else had problems with watches going back to Tudor or am I just unlucky? (or too picky! )

On top of that it turned into an expensive trip as my wife went round the clothes shops!

PS Does anyone know where in the UK I can get hold of case back protectors?

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 13, 2020

They should not have scratched the watch, but case back protectors won't be left on during a service...

3. SouthernScot Aug 13, 2020

That’s what I was told at the AD. Ironically if they had replaced it I might not have noticed the scratches, don’t know if that’s good or not!

4. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Aug 13, 2020

Duracuir1 and SouthernScot like this.
  5. SouthernScot Aug 13, 2020

Thanks I’ll give them a try.

6. Braindrain Aug 13, 2020

Superfluous, but thats where I get mine from. :D

7. stevec14 Aug 14, 2020

I think you are just unlucky, but I remember reading someone else who got his GMT back after date wheel service being scratched on the rolex forums. Hopefully they'll make it right. Could they not have ordered a new case back and fitted it for you at the AD rather than send it back through the service hoops?

8. SouthernScot Aug 14, 2020

Good point! That didn’t occur to me, and the AD seemed to want to send the watch back to Tudor. I was in two minds about it but they convinced me that as Tudor had messed up they should sort it out. Perhaps they have a bit of history with them!
    Anyway thanks to @Alpha I have now ordered case back stickers so something good has come out of this. I do miss my GMT though.

Alpha likes this.
  9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 14, 2020

Funny when people say it's "going back to Tudor" which means going to an RSC in most cases...maybe they start the new guys one the Tudors...

Rodentman likes this.
  10. Rodentman Aug 14, 2020

Could be worse and go back to the Plantagenets.

SouthernScot likes this.
  11. SouthernScot Aug 14, 2020

I don’t even want to think about that!