Forums Latest Members

Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze

1. marcn Enough space to say witty Jun 23, 2021

https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/watches/black-bay-fifty-eight/m79012m-0001

upload_2021-6-23_19-38-29.png

$4,525 USD
    Bronze bracelet with 8mm rapid adjustment system in the clasp.

For me, the silver BB58 is the only one I feel is FOMO-worthy. Personally, I think it's okay -- and I definitely don't hate the dial one bit. Not sure about the bracelet in bronze, and if someone made me wear this, for sure it would go on a nato. Want to see one in the wild, a year or two after daily wear.

Lots of nice(r) shots on 'dinkee:
    https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/w...ght-is-now-fully-bronze-live-pics-and-pricing

thelinendial and Pun like this.
  2. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Jun 23, 2021

Hmmmm. Tudor's web image definitely does not do this one justice (but even in the Hodinkee Image below I can't tell how yellow or pink it is. It kinda looks brassy?). I love how warm the dial/bezel color is in the real life shot and the addition of the 3-6-9 but I'm not sure how I feel about the case color and I'm not a fan of a bronze bracelet. Like you, I would need to see this after some time but I do love this dial.
    L1280620.jpg

Edited Jun 23, 2021
    thelinendial and Axel Brass like this.
  3. Pun Jun 23, 2021

Yes I agree with you. Bronze bracelet is going literally too far for a reputed brand to meet fashion demands.... Just my 2c

4. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Jun 23, 2021

me want

5. thelinendial Jun 23, 2021

Interesting! I might consider this.

I have a bronze case watch and the patina is not as scary as it sounds actually.

I’d be even more interested if they did a mixed metal bronze-gold like Omega has done which is slow patina but never green.

Axel Brass likes this.
  6. Axel Brass Jun 24, 2021

+1 on the mixed bronze-gold idea and you get hopefully a more affordable price with that too.

Great upgrade on the bracelet, I’m hopeful they’ll add to the steel, and let customers buy the part... instead of having to macgyver our own.

7. Vintagewtchzilla Jun 24, 2021

bronzw.png

only reason to have a vronze watch....

Duracuir1 likes this.
  8. Awetaylor Jun 24, 2021

Is this picture an example where the owner tried to accelerate the process?

this is an actual question, I can't see how this can happen to any watch that wasn't buried at sea...

9. Daval Jun 24, 2021

That bronze bracelet is going to leave a nice green band on the wrist when you take the watch off after a warm day.

I have a cheap bronze watch to see if I like the material and while I really like the development of the darker tones and patina on the case, the lugs do leave a green residue on my wrist when I take it off. And that is with only a bronze case that still has a stainless steel back. I can only image what a bronze bracelet will do when reacting with skin and sweat... :whistling:

10. Awetaylor Jun 24, 2021

It seems like Rolex are letting their designers release their creative urges at Tudor

Rolex : New release for Explorer II .... same watch slight tweak

Tudor : Let's make a full diver out of marzipan !!!

kylepchiang, Wetworks and marcn like this.
  11. Vintagewtchzilla Jun 24, 2021

yes you can find a lot of tutorials how to get thos patinas .... funny but useless ...

Awetaylor likes this.
  12. Sheshagiri Jun 27, 2021

Love the color on the dial but the brass bracelet isn't really exciting. While the patina may not be as nasty as the Panerai ( thanks to the alloys that Tudor uses), this may not look too good when it takes a darker shade. Have the Bucherer Blue and can't see it on anything but a nato.

13. Watch Maniac Jun 28, 2021

Definitely something different but cool.