Forums Latest Members

Tudor Big Block polished or not polished?

1. deki1908 Feb 22, 2019

Hello everyone,

I came across this Tudor and I would like to ask an opinion about the case of this Big Block and find out if it is polished or not polished.

Still not sure if pulling the trigger but regardless I am honestly interested what you guys think as in general I always find it difficult to determine if a watch has been polished or no.

Thank you!!!

6.jpg 5.jpg 3.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg
    VintageWatchIta likes this.
  2. mancio Feb 22, 2019

I think case and bazel should be a little more sharp...
    It might literally have been polish once, gently.

BUT, it is a wonderful piece.

DRjre086 and deki1908 like this.
  3. VintageWatchIta Feb 22, 2019

It is in very good condition. Probably it received a soft polish but from a hand that know how to do it. Rare to find in such good condition ;)

deki1908 likes this.
  4. Fabrice M Feb 22, 2019

Yes, it has been polished, the chamfer are almost gone.

deki1908 likes this.
  5. onthedial Feb 22, 2019

@deki1908
    When it comes to this specific watch, one way to approach your question is to examine the interior of the case back. If you see watchmaker's marks then I would start to think that the case has been lightly polished in the past. If there are no watchmaker's marks to be seen then it's permissible to wonder if this still-strong case shows signs of wear via (simply) years of use.
    Of course, all of this is pure guesswork.

deki1908 likes this.
  6. deki1908 Feb 24, 2019

Thank you, appreciate all the comments

7. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Feb 25, 2019

It has been polished - while chamfers on this era of Rolex cases are not nearly as wide as previous decades, it would be very easy to spot if it was still intact.

DRjre086 likes this.
  8. DRjre086 Feb 26, 2019

Agree. While it has almost certainly received a polish at some point, lugs are still quite beefy and even. This wouldn’t deter me from going after this example which I assume is what you’re really looking for answers.

bazamu likes this.