Forums Latest Members
  1. mzinski Mar 6, 2021

With how much Tudor got right on the BB58, the only thing I could describe as a gripe is the 3 micro adjustment holes on the bracelet. My wrist size fell right in between adding a link with adjustment set to the inner most notch OR taking out a link with adjustment set to the outer lost notch. Either too loose or too tight. Seems with a little searching it’s a common issue.
    Why? Because the three micro adjustments don’t make up for the length of a link. I measure the link-to-link length at 10.2mm. The three micro adjustment holes measure 5.8mm overall, with 2.9mm between each whole. Basically, one more hole is needed to fill in the missing division between a link and adjustments.
    I kinda understand why Tudor didn’t add the extra hole. If they did, the faux-rivet would conflict with the clasp (doesn’t fit). But I also wonder why they didn’t modify the clasp proportions or realign the holes to allow for 4.
    If bugged me enough that I decided to modify my bracelet.
    First step, polish off the faux-rivets on one removable link. Not a hard task but had to be done while be attentive to not grinding an edge or polishing unevenly.
    57DBD34B-8FC2-4D9B-A497-7ACEDF9DD6DB.jpeg
    Second step is to drill two new holes. For this I measured 3 times, marked, and carefully center punched. I decided to keep the spacing even though it doesn’t perfectly align to four equal divisions of 10.2mm. For better or worse, in the end my spacing reduced to 2.4mm instead of 2.9mm (obviously user error, too bad). After drilling I de-burred the inside with a round diamond Dremel bit and lightly countersunk the exterior side with slightly larger drill bits before polishing.
    C5EBE457-6A5E-4833-9833-C37F34C317EB.jpeg
    In the end I’m glad I made the modification. The bracelet fits like a charm now.
    E72D14E8-A9A7-4A9C-B35B-84896BEC96F1.jpeg

Axel Brass, marco, ChrisRid and 11 others like this.
  2. redzer007 Mar 7, 2021

Did you just grind off and polish the rivet location? Is there any marks left?

Good Mod

mzinski likes this.
  3. mzinski Mar 7, 2021

Yes, essentially that’s it. I used a file to remove most of the rivet head. Once I got it down near flush to the link I moved on to sand paper - increasing in grit until 16,000 grit as the final before a cape cod cloth.
    There are no marks remaining.

4. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Mar 7, 2021

Will you do mine please?! I have the exact same problem. So removing the extra link means now (in winter) it’s good...but come summer I will have a problem.

mzinski likes this.
  5. thelinendial Mar 7, 2021

Similarly, I modified mine to add in a Rolex EasyLink, so I can adjust between being hot and cold - as my wrist swells and shrinks.

Here's a detailed write-up of how to add the extra microholes to complement what @mzinski has shared. Also, the write-up for the EasyLink with BB58 Retrofit approach and an animated view of how it turns out.

Nowadays, I only wear bracelets and straps that have tool-less micro-adjust or I modify them accordingly.

As a side-note, it's also good to hear about new quick change systems also being developed and discussed here.

Edited May 18, 2022
    NGO1, Axel Brass and mzinski like this.
  6. mzinski Mar 7, 2021

Are these your write ups? Great work! They were very helpful in my modification. I was going to drill on the other side until I came across the write up and learned the rivets were faux-rivets that could polished off.

Axel Brass likes this.
  7. mzinski Mar 7, 2021

Sure - let’s chat.

eugeneandresson likes this.
  8. Axel Brass Mar 31, 2021

Glad the write ups were helpful!

mzinski likes this.