Forums Latest Members
  1. watch3s Apr 6, 2018

Greetings everyone, I have a concern about my tudor's crystal and would like some advice. I had originally bought the 79090 to be my beater of the bunch, but the more I wear it, the more I notice the marks on the acrylic. Specifically on the cyclops. Is the acrylic that soft? Should I source a spare crystal just in case? will polywatch help or take away too much.

TIA!

2. Canuck Apr 6, 2018

The acrylic is that soft. Surprised? Buffing the Cyclops lens over the date will change the magnification. But I suppose you are between a rock and a hard place. The date being difficult to read because the lens is scuffed, or difficult to read because of reduced magnification. My suggestion. Replace the crystal, then by a Timex Ironman (or something equally as disposable) to use as a beater.

watch3s likes this.
  3. watch3s Apr 6, 2018

I am, I mean I only remember my coat brushing it, and it was the inside lining. There have definitely been some flat spots developing on the very top of the cyclops. the date is still very readable.

4. Canuck Apr 6, 2018

Coat lining abrading the acrylic crystal? Only if you wear chain mail! Been involved in any medieval battle re-enactments lately? ;) ::rimshot::

watch3s likes this.
  5. jaguar11 Apr 6, 2018

Personally use it for the purpose it is intended for and then when you have it serviced get it replaced.

watch3s likes this.
  6. watch3s Apr 6, 2018

ill have to file a complaint with kenneth cole! their peacoats must have some steel woven in!

7. CPRwatch Apr 6, 2018

Polywatch away to your hearts content , it will never in a thousand buffings wear through the acrylic . The wife's 79090 blue from 89 that's worn daily & still on original acrylic . image.jpeg

Starman71 and watch3s like this.