Forums Latest Members
  1. ICONO Jul 9, 2017

Yesterday, I was lucky enough to be able to acquire a new Tudor Chonograph 79350, the new version launched at Baselworld, in Spring

It seems that a few are beginning to filter, through to OD's in Europe…although the launch is technically August, for the UK

I just called into 'Rabat Flash', the Tudor Dealers, in Barcelona, and they had the very first one in Spain……or so they told me ;)

Bought it on the spot !… & absolutely bowled over by the quality of production, & finish… really beautifully manufactured, & crafted

I bought the version on the 'rivet bracelet' …very comfortable………However it is a heavy watch ! …heavier even than my IWC Fliegerchronograph, which has a solid iron core

At 41 mm, it sits perfectly on my wrist ………the case is redolent of the earlier 'Big Block' Tudor Oysterdates, & the 'snowflake hands' are timeless, the pushers are screw-down, like the Daytona……it exudes ruggedness, & grown up style

Timekeeping over 24 hours, is absolutely 'bang on' accurate…the new Tudor movement seems like classy piece of innovation

If you failed to secure a place on the list of 'ST Speedmasters' ………this is a truly fabulous alternative !!

Personally…I simply could not be more pleased

L1100675.JPG

L1100658.JPG

Edited Jul 9, 2017
    hotsauz, R3D9, SeanO and 4 others like this.
  2. Kmart Jul 9, 2017

It's a very nice watch but personally I can't get over the snowflake hands and the submariner-style hour markers on a chronograph. Love what they did with the movement though. I wish Tudor would just stick this movement in the Heritage Chrono Blue. Surely they didn't make this movement for just one watch? Any day now... :whistling:

3. ICONO Jul 9, 2017

Completely understand your qualms, stylistically

Curiously, on the wrist, one simply does not notice…it balances out

I can't emphasise enough, the sheer quality of manufacture……it is easily Rolex comparable, if not superior

4. ar.parask13 Jul 10, 2017

I was so confused when this came out but it is definitely growing on me! It should be mentioned however, that the movement is actually a breitling one modified by Tudor!