Forums Latest Members

Tudor 2016 Baselworld hands on @ Moody's Nantwich

1. chunkythebulldog May 9, 2016

I was lucky enough to get an invite to be the first in the UK to view Tudor's 2016 Baselworld releases at Moody's in Nantwich. It was a good morning out and I was accompanied by fellow forum member @Stu-Silver
    In addition to the new releases, Ross Povey, vintage Tudor and Rolex expert was in attendance with some of his personal collection along with some pieces from the Tudor Museum.

image.jpeg

The pick of the new releases for me was the Black Bay Bronze. When I first saw the release pictures the numbers on the dial didn't appeal to me but when viewed in person it looked great. The bronze alloy has been specially formulated to stop it turning green too quickly but only time will tell on that.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Next up was the PVD Black Bay but it didn't do anything for me. Unlike the demo model the production run will have end links so it won't have the unseemly gap against the case

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The Milsubs below are part of Ross Poveys personal collection.
    The one on the left is a South African Special Forces, one on the right is Jamaican Defence Force

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

These 2 Monte Carlo's are both pieces from the Tudor Museum and have original stickers still intact on the caseback

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    bazamu and Stu-Silver like this.
  2. Just Livin May 9, 2016

Ha nice:) A born and bred Dabber here. Now in Berkshire. Now with a reason to get back home and take a look at the new shop:) Thanks

3. cristos71 May 9, 2016

The new stuff looks nice, but those vintage pieces are just fantastic :thumbsup:

4. Mr Bing May 9, 2016

Great pics. On a side note my grandparents came from Nantwich.

Thanks for sharing.

5. trackpad May 9, 2016

Incredible Tudor Milsubs. Wish these were easier to find.