Forums Latest Members
  1. imp Apr 24, 2017

Am not sure if it's a replica or not? It's manual. Watchband is aftermarket.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Edward53, alam and kyle L like this.
  2. imp Apr 24, 2017

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Apr 24, 2017

Quite genuine.

This watch would have been offered with many different dials. Yours is indeed fairly uncommon but not considered rare.

The information to identify your watch can be found inside the case. The model number should be stamped inside the case back and the serial number will be found on the movement itself.

Take it to a watchmaker to open and get some good clear photos of the insides then post them here for further help/information.

4. RancheroMaster Apr 25, 2017

Arabic numeral Omegas were often for the British market, would that be the case here?

5. imp Apr 25, 2017

My granpa lived in Norway all his life. Not sure if he bought it overseas though. I'll try to get it opened at a jeweller when I get the chance.

It needs a fair bit of polishing I think. Is there anything in particular I need to be careful about?

Edited Apr 25, 2017
  6. RancheroMaster Apr 25, 2017

I'm sure the British Isles aren't the only place Arabic dials ended up, but they do seem to be more common there as a general guideline.

You need to be careful about polishing it. It looks fine to me; there are no large gashes in it that I can see. It's a vintage watch and it shouldn't look like a brand new one with mirror shine lugs. I'd highly recommend you do not polish it.

7. Gstp Apr 25, 2017

Quite common with Arabic numerals for Norwegian ones too, and from what I've noticed other parts of the Norwic countries too. To the OP, there are just a few places in Norway you should take this watch, and any jeweller is not one of them. I can recommend some watchmakers in Oslo. Sjekk ut vintage delen av tidssonen.no også ;)

8. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Apr 25, 2017

Do not polish the watch and make no attempt at "cleaning" the dial. Leave the watch as is except for a servicing of the movement. A vintage watch's value both monetarily and sentimentally is in its originality, bumps, bruises, aging and all.

Edited Apr 25, 2017
    kkt, ulackfocus, jB1128 and 4 others like this.
  9. Davidt Apr 25, 2017

Polishing a vintage watch has a huge negative effect on the monetary and aesthetic value.

Think very carefully before having it polished. A good clean of the case and movement service would be the best way forward.

10. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Apr 25, 2017

Thanks, Norman!
    Years of education in one concise statement.
    I hope it's appreciated.

kkt, ulackfocus, jB1128 and 3 others like this.
  11. Edward53 Apr 28, 2017

::facepalm1::::facepalm1::::facepalm1:::thumbsdown:

12. imp May 16, 2017

Ok, understood. I am new to vintage watches.

R3D9 likes this.
  13. imp May 16, 2017

What about the watchband, is it of significance? It's not exactly my preferred style, and I don't think it's an omega watchband.

14. efauser I ♥ karma!!! May 16, 2017

No. As is printed on the back and easily researched on the internet, it's a Fixo-Flex.

ulackfocus likes this.
  15. imp Jun 28, 2018

Wasn't able to have a look at the watch until now, since it was in Europe and I'm in Australia. Got the back off to have a look at the movement. It doesn't run, suspecting it might be the main spring. Is the gasket supposed to be greasy like that or is it a poor gasket or just deteriorated?

IMG_20180629_102821.jpg IMG_20180629_102844.jpg

Edited Jun 28, 2018
    ulackfocus and airansun like this.
  16. BenBagbag Jun 28, 2018

Yup, all looks correct. Nice watch and fun to have all the numbers. It'll be much better if you got rid of the stretchy bracelet and put it on a nice leather band as the metal bands typically chew away at the points of contact to the watch.

airansun likes this.
  17. jB1128 Jun 28, 2018

It appears to be simply deteriorated. As mentioned above, a good case cleaning and movement servicing will solve that as new gaskets are (typically) a factored expense from a trusted / vetted watchmaker.

Really nice watch and the movement looks super clean!

airansun likes this.