Forums Latest Members
  1. pk3 Jan 1, 2020

First post on here, so hello to everyone and happy new year to you.

I'm trying to find out a little bit about my watch. My mum bought it for my dad in the 70's i think?? I then inherited it in 1988. It got a lot of wear back in the day, but not so much theses days and have now become more intrigued about the watch as it has no name on it so it's hard to find info and compare it with anything on the internet. I'm hoping the wealth of knowledge in these forums may be able to try and identify it for me. Any snippets of info would be helpful. It looks very much like a Deville, is automatic and case is about 35mm. All there is on the case back is "TOOL 106" I remember my mother telling me it was gold, but I'm not so sure. I've posed a couple of pics, I know they're not great pictures, but my phone camera is a bit $h!t - maybe i should upgrade this before investing in a new timepiece.

front.jpg back.jpg
    janice&fred likes this.
  2. Shabbaz Jan 1, 2020

All the info you need is on the inside. Tool 106 can be used to open it. But it's better to bring the watch and your camera to a watchmaker and make pictures of the numbers on the movement (serial and caliber) and inside of the caseback (modelnumber).

pk3 likes this.
  3. janice&fred Jan 1, 2020

nice watch. I think your mom is right and it is solid gold. anyways I wouldn't be in a rush to open it up or the case could get damaged. i'm sure looking around on the internet will turn up some similar examples for comparison.

pk3 likes this.
  4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 1, 2020

Tool 106 is for a front loader case type. This means the movement comes out through the front. Not as easy to open as just removing the case back.

Very similar to a Seamaster Deville

Your watch is a common model with a plain case back that was usually for 25 anniversary gold watches and engraving of the case back

https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-seamaster-deville-135-010.105674/

pk3 and janice&fred like this.
  5. pk3 Jan 1, 2020

Thanks all. I'll see if I can find anything else on the internet, though I've not had too much joy so far. If I do end up taking the case apart (via a watchmaker) i'll take some pics, though I'm hoping there wont be any need and I'll find more info online. thanks again.