Trying to find information on this Omega please

First of all it’s not my watch it’s a friends it was his father’s.
I’m a bedridden person who’s disabled and likes to search for things. I saw this watch and contacted its owner as he was asking for some information. I offered to help he said go for it. This lead me to here eventually.
Things I know about the watch
The watch has been in his family since the 1980s at least as he has photos of his dad wearing it.
It’s 9 carat gold
It has a London assay mark.
It’s dated 1922.
I have looked up the serial number but it’s confusing me .
The strap loops look to be soldered on as an afterthought.
The second hand dial doesn’t have a hole under it for any sweep hand to connect to
Any help would be great fully received thank you.

933279 is the number you looked up? That looks like the case serial number. The movement serial number should be on the movement somewhere.

9 kt is very typical for British gold cases. A bit harder and more durable than 18 kt, still enough gold to make it corrosion resistant, plus a bit cheaper.

Watch may have had an interesting life - dial and/or movement swapped. My first thought was the case might have been adapted from a pocket watch - to explain the strap loops being added - but I thought a pocket watch would have the crown at 12, not at 3.

That was the number I looked up. I had the owner look for another number but there’s not one he can see. I thought of the crown and then thought of the missing second hand I wonder has the dial been rotated. A cheep fix?

Hi,
The case/dial and the movement don’t match. The caliber is a lepine (winding stem at 12) and the case (if originally for a wristwatch) and dial are for a savonette caliber (with winding stem at 3). The case is not Omega production, so you can’t use the Omega case serial numbers to date it. The serial of the caliber should be engraved on the plate under the dial. Only early movements (earlier than 1922) had the serial engraved under the dial. What is the case diameter?
I hope it helps,
Edited:

Just as an aside, while that is a London 9K hallmark for 1922, it is specifically the mark for an imported case so it is not UK production. The sponsor mark, AGR is for Arthur George Rendell of Clerkenwell Road but they would presumably have bought the case in from elsewhere. It looks like it isn't Omega in house production (or a regular Swiss factory supplier) and isn't UK production so it might be hard to find out who exactly made it.

It is probably a converted ladies fob watch.

As I see it then the owner would need to get the dial of to confirm the number. I don’t think he’s prepared to do that.
So as it is what is it worth.
And thank you for all your help in giving me the information that I needed.