Trying to find information on my watch. Anyone can help, type, year etc?

I have an Omega watch rose gold case, automatic,
On inner case back is
T841343
2398 1
Seventeen 17 jewels
Engraved signature (I believe) "Wadsworth"

Also looking to have it reconditioned and serviced, it all works however is missing the minute arm.

Wadsworth is an American casemaker company. The case is not gold, but gold plated (thickness 80µm), according to the inscription in the case back. It seems that rather a hour hand is missing. The minute hand looks somewhat too long to me, but I am no expert.

Best, Bernhard

It s a 1947 bumper model (and I doubt the crown...) 80 mikrons is a Omega standard (and quality) coating 👍

Here's what I can tell you. First from OMEGA's Vintage Watch site using the reference number inside the case back photo:

‑ Other ‑ Omega

OT 2398

OT 2398

Features

Technical Data
Reference
OT 2398
International collection
Case material
18K solid gold
Vintage watch watch case type
Press‑in
Dial
Optional : with applied faceted [raised?] gold hour markers and gold hands. [Probably not your watch from your photos.]
Water resistance
No
Strap
Bracelet (vintage)
Leather
Secondly, the above mentions only 1943 as the year, but that may not be accurate. The movement number suggests it is from 1948-49, which if the only year for the case referenced of 2398 may mean the movement is not original to the watch case and dial. I recommend you Google OMEGA watch serial numbers to see what year those lists say the movement is. Usually the above OMEGA listing gives the caliber but this one does not. OMEGA's vintage web site is not guaranteed to be accurate in that there may exist an different 2398 from other year's that is not shown in the vintage website. https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-other-omega-ot-2398.. Personally, although it will cost more, given the importance to you of this watch, I would only send this to OMEGA for repair, etc., or to a watchmaker recommended on the Omega Forum OF.

Here's what I can tell you. First from OMEGA's Vintage Watch site using the reference number inside the case back photo:

‑ Other ‑ Omega

OT 2398
OT 2398

Features

Technical Data
Reference
OT 2398
International collection
Case material
18K solid gold
Press‑in
Dial
Optional : with applied faceted [raised?] gold hour markers and gold hands. [Probably not your watch from your photos.]
Water resistance
No
Strap
Bracelet (vintage)
Leather
Secondly, the above mentions only 1943 as the year, but that may not be accurate. The movement number suggests it is from 1948-49, which if the only year for the case referenced of 2398 may mean the movement is not original to the watch case and dial. I recommend you Google OMEGA watch serial numbers to see what year those lists say the movement is. Usually the above OMEGA listing gives the caliber but this one does not. OMEGA's vintage web site is not guaranteed to be accurate in that there may exist an different 2398 from other year's that is not shown in the vintage website. https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-other-omega-ot-2398.. Personally, although it will cost more, given the importance to you of this watch, I would only send this to OMEGA for repair, etc., or to a watchmaker recommended on the Omega Forum OF.

Except your wrong. Look at at what you posted and look at the watch.

Obviously the watch case says its gold plated and not solid gold. Anything else wrong? TIA

I think that the year mentioned in the OVD is often just the year that the reference was first introduced. In general, there's no reason to be concerned about an apparent discrepancy of that year and the year associated with the serial number.

So annoying that the OVD no longer mentions the caliber.

Fallout Boy: Where did you get your info, please.

Any yet another list says 11.7xx.xxx is 1949

"Brief History: Omega Watch Company Including Serial Numbers, Production Dates and Calibers Omega Serial Numbers and Production Dates

1947 [Begins] 11,000,000

1948 11,300,000

1949 11,600,000

1950 12,000,000

This is an unofficial history of the Omega Watch Company. Renaissance Watch Repair is not affiliated with the Omega Watch Company. The Omega name and names of various Omega watch models as shown here are trademarks of Omega. Information provided for educational purposes only and we make no warranty as to its accuracy or reliability."

OMEGA's vintage web site search of caliber 332 shows the first one was in 1949, which matches the above serial number era. https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/vintage-watches

Also, the below says 332 calibers were first made in 1949
"Omega Calibers Ultimate Resource Guide
• 331- 19*800 - 1947
• 332- 19*800- 1949
• 333 - 19*800- 1950 "

I have copied the below from the Official OMEGA Museum list of calibers in the "Omega: A History of Time" book shows:
"30.10 RA PC T1 AM 17 p 332 [caliber] 1949," which means that 1949 is the first year of the 332.

I admit I have seen varying dates and serial number information on different web sites concerning other watches. IMHO if the above is to be believed, then it leads to this being a 1949 numbered 332 movement in a 1943 case, understanding that the 2398 case may have been produced in years after 1943, although I have not found any indication the 2398 case was made after 1943. Another possibility is that the watch main case and movement were made together but someone changed out to an older 2398 1943 case back.

Feel free to provide other ideas, sources, and information, Google any of the above, and correct any errors of my mine.

@usasuisse, you are misinterpreting the OVD. That database does not indicate when a case was manufactured. Cases for a given reference were often manufactured for many years.

I believe I mentioned that possibility of multiple year manufacturing of a particular reference when I stated that in bold face type. I am sorry if you didn't read it that way, which was how I intended to acknowledge the possibility of a case reference being made over more than the year in the OVD. Do you place any value in OMEGA stating a year or several years in the OVD for a particular case reference? If so, what value is the year or what instead should one take from the year or years stated? Do you know of a source for whether a case reference was made over any particular range of years? Can we agree that 2398 cases could have been made in 1943 that were not assembled with movements like the one in this thread until years later, a possibility I have not yet mentioned? TIA

11.700.xxx = 1947

1947 11,000,000-11,999,999
This is not so. In fact 11.7m is more like 1949. The serials seen on 1947 pieces are more like 11-11.3m.

My gut feeling is that the dial has been refinished by the way.

The year indicated on the OVDB is the year the case style was introduced.
The production run for a particular case may have been brief, or many years for popular models.

The serial number and other data points to a watch from about 1949, but without an extract, we're all guessing.

This is not so. In fact 11.7m is more like 1949. The serials seen on 1947 pieces are more like 11-11.3m.

My gut feeling is that the dial has been refinished by the way.
That's also my gut feeling.

‑ Other ‑ Omega

OT 2398
OT 2398

Features

Technical Data
Reference
OT 2398
International collection
Case material
18K solid gold
Press‑in
Dial
Water resistance
No
Strap
Bracelet (vintage)
Leather

Thankyou for this information, it was my grandfathers watch passed down to my father who recently passed away and so passed to me. I want to get it back to its original glory as it is sentimental. I will be contacting Omega and either send to them or take to their recommended dealer/servicer. And hopefully I can get more accurate information on it.

That dial has been refinished. I don’t recall any Omega dial with the minute track running into the sub dial like that