Forums Latest Members
  1. TheNewGuy Nov 15, 2018

My dad got me a watch for my birthday that happened to have a cream face. I commented about how nice the colour is and my father mentioned off-hand "Yeah, my dad had a watch with a cream face".

It turns out that my paternal grandfather had an omega seamaster when my dad was young. He pawned this watch after he lost his business and fell into debt.
    He died penniless when my father was 16.

I thought that I would try and find a watch of the same model and surprise him with it. Here's what I've been able find out about the watch:
    -It was Definitely a Seamaster
    -Face Color:
    Cream
    -Period: 1960s (he only remembers it after about age 8, so it's likely an early to mid 1960s)
    -Hands: straight and possibly gold in colour
    -Case: Circular and silver
    -Hour Marks: Tick marks, possibly gold
    -Might have had a date
    -
    He definitely wants an automatic
    If you have any information that could lead me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

EDIT: ThisPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network is the closest watch I could find to the description, but this one has been redialed.

Edited Nov 15, 2018
  2. Dan S Nov 15, 2018

There are going to be many references/models that meet that general description, so maybe it really doesn't matter if you find the exact one or not, since you and he will never really have a way to know which watch he had. My thought would just be to look for white/cream dial Omegas from the 1960s and find a nice one with gold hands and applied markers. Some will be Seamasters, some DeVille, some Geneve, and some just Omega with no particular model name. Some manual winding and some automatic. Some date and some no-date. Some with lume and some without lume. There's no way to narrow it down further based on your description, since all of those variations not only exist, they are all common.

Foo2rama likes this.