Forums Latest Members
  1. cylime Feb 25, 2017

Hi all!

I have no experience buying a vintage Omega, just what i've read here and there, and i was browsing online one day to find this and I fell in love:

Screenshot_20170226-015228.png

But I'm hoping somebody can help me (thanks very very much in advance!) look out for whether I may be potentially buying a dud, because I understand not every good-looking Omega out there is necessarily an authentic one.

This is the picture of the movement the seller sent me:

Screenshot_20170225-225205.png

And my real life picture of the watch when I met up with him to view it (the second subdial ran very smoothly and continuously, i noticed, with no jerking whatsoever). It is mechanical, hand-winding, with a stainless steel case:

20170226_015603.jpg

According to the seller, the movement and dial and everything except the crown, straps, and buckle are authentic and original. and it should date from the 1950s.

I have some doubts though, because for one the logo isn't applied (is that even a legit concern??) -- and some I've asked have said that it looks almost too pristine to be original given its age. Also I ran a few google searches and I have yet to see this identical dial. For those i've seen through searching online, the numbers look a bit different, and the logo is applied.

He is asking for the equivalent of US$650, and claims it is keeping time well at 40spd having been serviced in the last two years.

Any thoughts? Thank you all :)

2. DON Feb 25, 2017

Dial is refinish and it's running slow as the regulator is pushed into the fast range (Avance). Proper running watch regulator should be close to center

I timed mine when restored to about 10spd

Also has a broken screw in the upper left between the two screws. Easy to remove

$250.00 maybe based on overall condition

DON

3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 25, 2017

I promise this one looks better at closing time than she will when you're sober.