Forums Latest Members

Trying a new strap on my PO LM LE; thoughts?

1. nokaoi1 Feb 6, 2015

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 6, 2015

Not sure. I was trying straps with mine too, but this is a watch that really becomes itself on the Stainless Steel Bracelet in my opinion. Of the two of them though, as seen in my screen I rather have the orange stitching than the black canvas.

3. Superdoc Feb 6, 2015

Holy S%#@!! I like it!...I could never bring myself to do it, but it looks pretty good...

I agree with Sergio, that the Bracelet is how it was meant to be...but that is not too bad at all...

4. rryrry Feb 8, 2015

is that dsotm strap? im considering one for my seamaster 300m

5. tegee26 Feb 8, 2015

I have the 42mm PO 600M and recently purchased the OEM leather and rubber strap, along with the OEM deployment buckle.

I must say, and I know others will disagree, that the leather and rubber straps look AWESOME with the PO. I know the SS bracelet is beautiful, but do not dismiss other options imho. (Sorry I do not have pics right now).

To that end, in my opinion, you really need to get Omega straps and NOT aftermarket for the PO. Omega straps curve and/or hug the case and I feel that makes all the difference in appearance. An aftermarket on the PO will leave gaps and affect the overall look....FWIW.

I spent close to $1k getting the two straps and deployment bucket, but well worth it to change up the appearance. And it also weighs a ton less too (92 grams less in fact).

6. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 8, 2015

God knows based on all my pics I actually love to change straps and bracelets on all my watches. And I do think the 42 mm PO looks good on anything really, specially the 2500 cal. But for some reason whenever I try a strap pn my LMLE I end up going back to steel fast...this may change though, specially if I take it on a summer trip. The SMPc looks great on leather and NATO, the speedy too, the 45.5 looks better to me on straps than steel. Not sure why the 42mm doesn't quite yet work for me outside of the Bracelet. You would think being an elegant watch it would just enhance it and make it dressier, but somehow it just dulls it a little.

7. ItsAboutTime Feb 8, 2015

It looks great with the steel, but your pics with the new strap give it a sporty more rugged look. I actually am looking into getting an OEM Omega strap for my PO 2201.50 to wear to work since I would destroy the steel bracelet (via scratches etc) at work.

Nobel Prize likes this.
  8. 250scr Feb 8, 2015

I like the uderside better than the top side

x3no and Nobel Prize like this.
  9. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 8, 2015

me too, I think the red stitching would look very cool, just like the orange stitching on the normal PO

10. ItsAboutTime Feb 8, 2015

@nokaoi1 What strap did you get and where did you get? I really like that fabric looking one over the leather and rubber.

11. rryrry Feb 8, 2015

its from dark side of the moon, u can get it in omega boutique/ad

12. ItsAboutTime Feb 8, 2015

I wonder if it fits a 42mm PO. I'll have to call Omega

13. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 8, 2015

It should, it's a 20mm thickness strap. The LMLE is a 42mm PO, just a little thinner than the 8500 cal but same lug size. The straps that are not compatible are the fitted straps between 8500 and 2500 calibers on both sizes, but that one is not fitted

14. jcmartinez98 Feb 8, 2015

The DSOM strap is 21mm, not 20

15. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 8, 2015

Ah, didn't know that. That's an odd measurement. Seems to work on the pics though.

16. ItsAboutTime Feb 8, 2015

Found the DSOM strap online for $138
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDoQFjAH&url=http://www.ofrei.com/page748.html&ei=ehjYVJivBoewsAT3loLICA&usg=AFQjCNEdTMmniXfKvfdjX4R2WpmHraSPqg&bvm=bv.85464276,d.cWc

The omega ceramic buckle that goes with it is $218.

I'm just ordering a regular Omega 18mm buckle for $25.

According to by local AD, this band wont fit on my 42mm PO 2201.50 according to the employee. Since my watch has 20mm lugs and the DSOM has 21mm spaced lugs. But for 1mm I'm going to try it

17. rryrry Feb 9, 2015

any idea if deployant buckle could go with that strap?

18. chunkythebulldog Feb 9, 2015

No

19. nokaoi1 Feb 9, 2015

It will not fit out of the box, some modification needed to be done to make it work. Also, i would not use a standard Omega buckle as the tongue is too narrow. The strap holes are a very odd 5mm. Closest I found was a 4mm and it works great. Any less and you will get some wiggle. I also have a GSOTM strap on the way to try, I think it may compliment the bezel better. Will update when it arrives. I will end up selling one or the other.

ItsAboutTime likes this.
  20. tegee26 Feb 9, 2015

FWIW......I recently purchased both a leather and rubber strap for my PO 600M, along with deployment buckle for far less than Otto Frei.

No dog in this fight, but shop around before purchasing if you have an Omega AD or Boutique in your area.

ItsAboutTime likes this.