Forums Latest Members

Trusted watchmaker for Speedmaster Pro in Southwestern Ontario or near Detroit Michigan

1. gostang9 Aug 15, 2016

I want a dial and hands replacemen (ie: modification) on a brand new Omega Speedmaster Pro. I have all of the necessary parts in my posession and am looking for a local trusted watchmaker that you have personal experience with. I am not in any rush and will patiently wait until I someone reliable I can trust.

I have already asked a highly trusted certified Omega watchmaker on this forum but he will not do the modification as it would require removing the dial and hands that came with the watch for a different dial and hands that are not original to this reference (I fully understand and respect his position). I've also asked at the local AD and they understandbly take the same position.

Note: this is a one-time item for me and the end result is 100% intended for my own personal enjoyment. I live in Windsor and would prefer someone within a 2 hour driving radius as I'd like to meet the watchmaker face to face. I also work in Michigan and so could take it across the border if necessary, but this would not be my preference.

Thanks for any feedback...

2. gostang9 Oct 15, 2016

Just to update this thread in case someone stumbles on it in the future from a search, I ended up going to Dion Zaniewski of Dions World of Watches in West Bloomfield Michigan [Phone +1 (248) 539-1181] . I bought my first two mechanical watches from him (Hamilton Jazzmaster and Tissot Visodate) and his name came up on a list of AWCI watchmakers that @Archer

I asked @Archer some further questions about AWCI certification and he was nice enough to give plenty of additional insight:

ahartfie and GregH like this.