Forums Latest Members
  1. schmoogla Oct 12, 2016

Hello - new to forum

I would like to have my grandfather's omega serviced by a reputable dealer in Basel Switzerland. Any advice on a reputable shop? I need to replace the original cracked crystal. I have no idea the model, so I hope the dealer can open it up and tell me more.

thank you.

2. 30t2fellow Oct 12, 2016

I presume you are located in Basel? If you are state-side, I have had good results with www.watchrepairsusa.com. They are on the expensive side but have done a nice job for me. My avatar photo is their work, as well as my latest post on an RG restoration.

3. schmoogla Oct 13, 2016

Hi, I am indeed in basel. Any suggestions on Swiss watch repair? Should I go to Omega directly in Zurich?

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 13, 2016

What needs to be serviced and which watch is it? Pictures would help. The issue is there are reasons not to have Omega service a vintage watch.

5. uwsearch Oct 13, 2016

Changing a crystal is easy and quick... so go to Kurz or Mezger it's going to be the same..
    btw Omega is in Biel, not Zurich...

6. schmoogla Oct 13, 2016

Thank you. I inserted a picture of the watch. Not sure what it is but it needs a new crystal and a good strap. I'll take any suggestions on the model, once they open the case to service it I'll let you know what it is.

IMG_1012.JPG
    Lonestar and Foo2rama like this.
  7. uwsearch Oct 13, 2016

Why that?? As long as you can see through the crystal, why change it?? and strap looks perfect forsuch a watch too.
    And to know everything about the watch, you just have to open it...