Forums Latest Members

SOLD Tropical Universal Geneve Polerouter Date Cal. 218-2

1. JamesL1680 Mar 7, 2019

First and foremost, thanks to the mods for an old dispensation from the 200 post rule, and thanks to OF for the space.

Up for sale is one of my beloved Polerouters. This one is a reference 204610-2 with date and an awesome tropical dial. I am in the middle of a serious consolidation, and have several other Polerouters, so unfortunately this one needs to find a new home. My loss is your gain.

On to the details...

Dial: Original, fully tropical with a vivid "rust" patina in both color and pattern. All lume plots intact and hold up under UV. Some have darkened more than others.

Hands
    : Original, with oxidization and retaining full lume, which holds up under UV.

Case
    : Sharp and likely unpolished IMHO, with commensurate nicks and scratches. signed/logo crown. Caseback logo is similarly sharp, fully legible, as are the engraved model and serial numbers. This is the smaller of the Polerouter Date cases, measuring in at ~34mm excluding crown, and 18mm lug width.

Crystal
    : Original, with the rarer circular date cyclops (I have an original UG ad showing this configuration) and signed with the UG shield logo above the center post. There is a fracture in the crystal at 12 o'clock but I left as is because of its originality/rarity, and because it appears to be internal and so no risk of elements entering.

Movement
    : Powered by the "famous" microtor movement, in this case a Cal. 218-2. The watch keeps time, but amplitude is a bit low. Additionally, it has a tendency to get "hung up" and stop running as the date begins to change over, when the power reserve is low. Given this, and the fact that I have not had it serviced in my possession and have no knowledge of its service history, I am not selling this as a serviced watch. I would recommend the buyer have it serviced for daily wear.

Bracelet: This watch will be shipped on a generic mesh bracelet (JB Champion style) or can be shipped head only at the buyer's request.

On to pricing...

I am asking $2,900 for this watch and am open to offers. The price includes fully insured shipping within CONUS (strongly preferred). Local pick-up is also welcome in the NYC area. I may ship internationally on a case by case basis, fully insured only and at the buyer's cost. Acceptable payment methods are Paypal (+3% if you prefer not to use Friends & Family), bank wire, or for local pick-up only, cash. I can provide references relating to purchases from and sales to fellow OF members on request, you should be able to do the same.

Now on to the best part - the photos! I will post some additional shots (movement, crystal signature, etc.) later on, just want to get this moving. Thanks for looking!

IMG_9723.jpg IMG_9724.jpg IMG_9725.jpg IMG_9726.jpg IMG_9727.jpg IMG_9728.jpg IMG_9731.jpg

Woops, jaguar11, llvhhui and 7 others like this.
  2. JamesL1680 Mar 7, 2019

Some more shots as promised...

image1.jpeg image2.jpeg IMG_2191.jpg IMG_2197.jpg IMG_2200.jpg

George.A, yako54, DRjre086 and 2 others like this.
  3. sdre Mar 8, 2019

Gilt + Tropical, doesn't get anything better than this.

GLWS

JamesL1680 likes this.
  4. JamesL1680 Mar 8, 2019

OHPF.

5. td69 Mar 8, 2019

No surprise here how fast it was sold. Such an attractive watch. Congrats to both seller and buyer.

6. JamesL1680 Mar 9, 2019

and sold! thanks OF and buyer!