Forums Latest Members
  1. Jonatan Sep 30, 2015

Afternoon everyone,

I've been looking at Triple Date watches for some time now and discovered this intriguing Certina for sale. Certina doesn't seem to have the cult following that most other watches have, which appels to me for many reasons. I did some homework and looked around the web but couldn't find a single watch that ressembles this one and reading the history of Certina, although very interesting, could not enlighten me. I have found another watch with the same Certina EA inscription on the dial but not a Triple Date and this version is square. Certina did have the Illinois watchcase Co. distribute it's watches in the 50's for the US market. The watch is 34 mm without crown.

If someone has any information please fell free to comment. I would love opinions on the originality of the dial (Redial or not), if the mechanism looks good and anything that may look fishy.

Thank you.

Checked on http://www.vintagecertinas.ch/en/galerieeng.html and many others and couldn't find anything.

J

Capture d’écran 2015-09-30 à 10.27.40.png Capture d’écran 2015-09-30 à 10.27.30.png Capture d’écran 2015-09-30 à 10.27.17.png
    Edited Sep 30, 2015
    TexOmega, DirtyDozen12 and Hijak like this.
  2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Sep 30, 2015

Interesting watch. I happen to like Certina quite a bit, and there is a strong following for their vintage DS model line.

I expect that your dial is original, as it appears to be consistent in condition with the case and movement. An uncommon example, for sure.

I have a simpler version, with date only:

[​IMG]

DirtyDozen12 and Hijak like this.
  3. Jonatan Sep 30, 2015

Yes thats very nice. Love the date hand!

What do you think about the hands on the one I inquiring about? Nothing like yours.

4. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Sep 30, 2015

Thank you. I believe that the one you show is fully correct. I have another Certina (time only) with similar hands, and they appear on yours to be well suited to the dial and markers. I'd say fully original.

5. Hijak Sep 30, 2015

Very nice watches guys...love these older certina's myself. Mine is even simpler with no date at all.;)
    image.jpeg
    This has the K.F.320 movement in a chromed case, I believe it's from the very late 40s.
    image.jpeg

Tony C. and JohnSteed like this.
  6. Jonatan Oct 5, 2015

I was outbid for the watch by 5 francs. My limit was 400 chf, then 500 chf and finally I did a last try at 620 with 2 minutes left and the watch sold for 625 chf. Really disappointed! Thanks for the advice everyone.

7. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Oct 5, 2015

Wow! Quite a strong price! Sorry that you didn't get it.