Forums Latest Members

Triple calendar moonphase luminous hands

1. kevinmccleary Feb 21, 2024

Hello, new to the forum. I recently purchased a triple calendar moonphase 21308 caliber 291 with a refinished dial. I know, shame shame, but this watch is exceedingly similar to one owned by a great grandparent that was lost from the family many years ago. So wanted to get it just as a sort of tribute, not to be this perfectly correct heritage piece.

ANYWAY

Someone has lumed the numerals along the way and the hands are clearly incorrect, not the proper lozenge diamond style with lume. So the lumed numerals make no sense at all as you can't see the hands in the dark!

Can anyone tell me where I can buy an hour and minutes hand for this watch, the correct size and shape? I'm cool if they are aftermarket, new, etc. I just want to get it more right than it is.

Thank you all so much!

2. bgrisso Feb 21, 2024

Can you share pics of the watch. Are you sure it should be a lumed dial? If existing hands are correct maybe easier to remove lume from the dial ? Cal 291 hands of any type are not easy to find in my experience, will probably require patience

sheepdoll likes this.
  3. kevinmccleary Feb 21, 2024

Here it is, I know all about it being a redial and whatnot -- it's perfect for my specific use case. So just looking for hands that are more suitable.

IMG_1790.jpeg
    Zman4eva, bgrisso and sheepdoll like this.
  4. kevinmccleary Feb 21, 2024

And sorry to your question -- I am positive it should NOT be lumed. But I actually like it and my daughter does too who's going to wear it so I'm just looking for something with correct dimensions that has lume so I can make it work for her. I'd prefer the lozenge style if possible but any information you have on the correct size/length would be helpful.

And don't worry the retread nature was factored into the price :)

bgrisso likes this.
  5. bgrisso Feb 22, 2024

You don’t have to defend your watch, even though most people here don’t collect redials, the main point is just making sure buyers are fully informed before making purchases.

that’s great that you and your daughter enjoy the watch as is. I don’t have suggestions offhand, I think finding a UG pair of lumed hands will be extremely difficult. I don’t know if you can make something else fit. I am not home with access to hand sizing but I assume cal 291 should be on ranfft database?

Zman4eva likes this.
  6. Timetosell Feb 25, 2024

Redial and wrong hands. This is how a correct TDM UG should look like with luminous hand and luminous disl

B1CB609A-284E-4581-9296-CADD2CEEB921.jpeg
    Edited Feb 25, 2024
    sheepdoll likes this.
  7. mikeo1 Feb 29, 2024

Correct hand hole sizes are
    Hand Hole Sizes Hour@ 1.58mm x Minute@ 0.98mm
    cal 291 is a 13 Ligne movment and about 29.3mm in diameter
    Thanks to Mr. Ranfft and his new website

Redondo444 likes this.