Forums Latest Members
  1. Uniqez Dec 27, 2016

Ladies and gentlemen,
    In this post I just want to share with you some pictures from my trip to special and really important place in the world. Place that had started a long journey of space exploring. Place, that means a lot for most of the speed master fans all around the globe. Of course I'm talking about cape Canaveral.
    Not going to do a long post, because pictures worth a thousand words.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

P.S. Too bad I didn't have my Speedy with me.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

TLIGuy, marcn, Jwit and 8 others like this.
  2. kkt Dec 28, 2016

Thanks for posting the photos! I want to get there. What's the best time of year? Is it worth trying to time it when there's a launch, or are they too unpredictable?

3. WurstEver Dec 28, 2016

Great photos! Awesome place to visit isn't it! I was there recently with my Speedy 9300 to see Atlantis for the first time since I saw it fly... https://omegaforums.net/threads/speedy-9300-meets-atlantis.50040/

After seeing the dozens of references to the Speedmaster that are all over the place at Johnson space center, I was a bit surprised not to see more at Kennedy.

Edited Dec 28, 2016
    Uniqez likes this.
  4. Uniqez Dec 28, 2016

I think winter time is the best (at least for me).It wasn't to hot (was about 82F).
    All of the launches they have a count down timer online. I think it was like 24 days until next lunch. It would be definitely cool to see the launch, but I can't imagine how many people would be there?

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  5. Uniqez Dec 28, 2016

After seeing the dozens of references to the Speedmaster that are all over the place at Johnson space center, I was a bit surprised not to see more at Kennedy

Yes, the place is really cool.It was my birthday/ Christmas present from my wife and I had a really good experience.
    I have never been to Johnson space center,but it would be my next destination.

6. Riviera Paradise Dec 28, 2016

7. MPWATCH Watch Lover Dec 28, 2016

Killer photos! Place looks awesome. Surprised you forgot your Speedy...would have been 1,2, and 3 on my list. Definitely want to talk a look at this place next time I am the area. Crazy how much stuff they have saved from the different missions.

Best,

Thomas

8. FREDMAYCOIN Dec 28, 2016

I have been fortunate enough to witness a 2 shuttle launches. The first was on site at cape Canaveral at the closest possible viewing area for the public (tickets required) the second was from cocoa beach (no tickets required) and both sites equally impressive. thank for the pictures

Uniqez likes this.
  9. Uniqez Dec 28, 2016

I have two vacation watches with me (beaters for summer and vacations) Speedy is seating home in the safe.
    Otherwise I could've take some more pics with it. It was one exhibit where you can touch the stone from the moon, that could be an awesome picture. [​IMG]

TLIGuy, kkt, Jwit and 1 other person like this.
  10. TLIGuy Dec 29, 2016

It makes a pretty good picture but it's a move only a seasoned Speedmaster Fanboy could pull off while starring down the National Air & Space Museum security guard next to the rock.

Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 7.42.18 AM.jpg

Uniqez likes this.