Forums Latest Members
  1. oceanica Jan 31, 2024

I just got my early Tricompax back from service and I notice that the chronograph second hand does not move evenly, seems to skip beats. I called the watch maker and he told me this was typical because of the way the wheels line up in very old chronographs. He did not that the jumper spring to reset the chronograph was broken and since he had the watch for such a long time, he didn’t replace it. Just means the reset pusher does not pop all the way back out. I have a video, not sure how to post it though. Is this acceptable after paying a lot for overhaul? Or should I push the issue? Also is what he told me true or is there a potential problem? The specs on the watch are really good. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. billving Jan 31, 2024

I wouldn't accept it. There's no reason that it should not be working correctly, sometimes hard to source but parts are available.

Mark020 and Larry S like this.
  3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jan 31, 2024

That is inexcusable.

billving likes this.
  4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jan 31, 2024

I know you need to deal with this guy still, he has your money, but he’s clearly not interested in working on vintage UG or vintage chronographs period. Post your location so we may assist in pointing you to someone competsnt.

5. oceanica Jan 31, 2024

Hi Larry,
    You already gave me a couple of names when I posted this as Jones Horan Tricompax. I’m just not sure I want to put another $500 to $1000 into it. I will try again with this guy to at least get the seconds chrono register working correctly. I may also just sell it and chalk it up to a learning experience. I really like tricompaxs and this is the second one I have owned. Unfortunately the other was a disaster also. I really would like an early gold one to wear from time to time. Maybe just not in the cards for me.

6. TexOmega Jan 31, 2024

EggsXactly

7. oceanica Jan 31, 2024

I am in Omaha NE. I was working with Swiss Clock in Lincoln NE. I have worked with him once before and he seems competent, I think he just has too much work backed up.