Forums Latest Members

TRF - Non pledge selling ban

1. Northernman Lemaniac Jan 13, 2016

Something like this:

2. ConElPueblo Jan 13, 2016

Is it an African or European cat? I need to know in order to calibrate my catapult.

Heh. Just noticed that. Catapult.

We do have fun here, don't we?

blubarb, OmegaRookie and Northernman like this.
  3. CTS-V Jan 13, 2016

[​IMG]

4. taz101 Jan 13, 2016

This has all become..very cat focused lol

timeismoney likes this.
  5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 13, 2016

Time to round 'em up...:)

gatorcpa

timeismoney and Garv like this.
  6. abrod520 Jan 13, 2016

timeismoney likes this.
  7. Hijak Jan 13, 2016

Me too!:)
    Us on New Boat.jpg
    That's me on the right (Few years ago in Florida with my brother)

OmegaRookie and Northernman like this.
  8. West Slope Jan 13, 2016

lando, arkstfan, nightowl and 5 others like this.
  9. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Jan 13, 2016

I little late on this one. Awhile ago I tried posting on the For Sale forum on TRF, and was not able to because of my status. If your status allowed you to post, then not really sure how they could get so PO'd. Banning seems a bit harsh, especially for a first infraction.

As a rule of thumb, I steer clear of any forums that charge members to sell...what a racket.

I emailed a moderator on here when I wanted to sell some pieces, but did not have enough posts. He vetted me on ebay and TZ, saw that I was not a scammer or asshat (although that is debatable if your watch sets counter clockwise), and allowed me to offer my pieces to other forum members who are now proud owners.

Rules are rules, and it is important to follow them, but I think that common sense should prevail when it comes to certain types of infractions. In regards to selling on the TRF, what would their reaction be if someone tried to sell a Hodinkee worthy DRSD tropical with B/P's owned by their uncle that was a Navy Seal, race car driver, polar explorer, who started the first chain of massage parlors called "Egos"?

Sorry you got banned, and are stuck on here with this cast of cat loving, smartass, photoshop hack, counter clockwise watch winding idiots...

tyrantlizardrex and OmegaRookie like this.
  10. taz101 Jan 13, 2016

Yea I got the same from a mod here and he initilally threatened to ban me but we got talking and all good from there. The point is..he reached out to me..these other aholes didnt and just banned me and BLOCKED me (the block is whats really pickling my gerkin)

And thanks for your kind words i like it here haha but i'm moving more toward Rolex and liked that forum too

11. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Jan 13, 2016

I completely agree. Seems rather harsh, especially if the forum design does not have any mechanism to stop people from posting without the correct privileges. It is one thing to threaten a ban, and see how the member reacts, versus banning automatically, and being in the current situation.

taz101 likes this.
  12. Alex_TA Jan 13, 2016

I was banned there immediately after registration. They can GTFO.

taz101 likes this.
  13. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 13, 2016

Why would you even want to read stuff at that place, in particular after they banned you and you can no longer participate?

14. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Jan 13, 2016

It's very hard to defend their actions, but I will play the devil's advocate in just one respect: Tell me if I'm wrong, moderators, but is it not the case that WUS and the Rolex forum get more traffic than this site? Their moderators don't have time to sit down with every potential seller who wants rights to sell and look at their history and credentials. If you look at a WUS for sale site, you see posts literally every, like, few minutes... Not sure about the Rolex forum. But infractions and taps on the wrist take time and unless you want to spend all day telling people they did wrong, but to do better next time and then keep a list of offenders to double check in the future... it seems overwhelming. I'm just looking at it from a practical point of view.

As for banning for saying inappropriate things - that's wrong - but again, it might be a sweeping way to deal with huge loads of people on crowded sites.

15. flw history nerd Jan 13, 2016

But what if the Rolex Thought Police show up in the middle of the night, break down your door, and make you disappear without a trace - or WORSE ... confiscate your Rolex!? :confused:

16. taz101 Jan 13, 2016

I like the pictures lol

17. taz101 Jan 13, 2016

I think your right mate

Essentially they are T800 terminator series

"YOU CANT REASON WITH IT..YOU CANT BARGAIN WITH IT"

18. blubarb Jan 13, 2016

More like this, but could end up as a CATastrophy.

image.jpeg

19. Illiknight Jan 13, 2016

I got a helluva great laugh from this post! CHEERS! (and a helluva good laugh when I saw that eBay seller name, so cheers to Dung Chrono too!)

20. blubarb Jan 13, 2016