Forums Latest Members

SOLD Transitional Speedmaster 145.022 -68

1. LawBrk Mar 20, 2016

Greetings OF

With the homecoming of my other '68 transitional I have decided to let this one go.

This came to me via a consignment listing of a large collection. I believe it to be unpolished with the original finishes but with wear consistent of the past four decades. Case back shows hippocampus clearly. Case is clean and lugs are nicely defined (lower left lug has one small mark). Crown is flat foot and pushers larger style, both correct for this reference.

Dial has AML, long indices, wide spaced Ts. The lume color is a light cream/lime. Some tritium has come off a few of the hour markers but due to the lume's light color, it blends with the white hour mark underneath (see photo of lume below). Crystal is newer and Omega signed. Hands are correct for reference and show no evidence of missing paint/touch-up paint. The hour hand shows pin-prick size lume spots. Bezel is a very nice DON.

Inside is of course a Cal 861 with a serial # 26m. The watch runs and the chrono is working, with the subdials resetting properly.

I have not worn the watch more than a couple times, I believe that with an overhaul and clean (to remove the lume specks under the crystal) this will be quite a nice example. This was my plan if I decided to keep it.

Asking $5000 via bank xfer. Next day shipping in CONUS and insurance via ParcelPro provided. No returns, international shipping on a case by case basis at cost to buyer. Always willing to meet in NE Ohio for cash, I get to the Chicago area a few times a year, next will likely be early May. Watch is head only but will come with a set of timely wrist calendars for the year 1990, not a special year but I like the "cool factor" when on a bracelet.

Thanks OF for the space!
    image.jpeg image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    image.jpg

Edited Mar 21, 2016
  2. LawBrk Mar 20, 2016

As requested, inner caseback and another movement shot. After looking at the earlier one it appears to have some shadow that makes it look a bit off color. It is clean and matching hues.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpg

Showing the great condition of the dial without the imperfections of the crystal.
    image.jpeg

Edited Mar 20, 2016
  3. LawBrk Mar 22, 2016

Price adjustment and :coffee: Thanks all.