Forums Latest Members
  1. 13ZN May 11, 2014

I was working on my car engine a few of weeks ago and to my horror looked to see I had forgotten to take my watch off. Worse still, it looked to have lost its crystal! Unfortunately, it had gone and with it the bezel too. Two or three weeks of checking the house, office, car, vacuum cleaner bags, garden, regular dog walking route and everywhere else I can think of and no luck. Only minor advantage is the dial is better than I thought, the crystal must have been a little cloudy. Anyone have any ideas re the Uni-Compax script on this watch. Dial looks original to me and has a good deal of ageing, but I don't recall having previously seen Uni Compax laid out one word above the other before. If anyone has any ideas of where to find a bezel, I'd be very grateful!

DSC06264.JPG
  2. alam May 11, 2014

Crap! I always take off this $110, 30-year old, crapy Seiko even before thinking about working on my car! Sorry I can't help in answering your question but Im sure others will pitch in soon! :)

[​IMG]

3. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member May 11, 2014

Awful! But at least it looks as if you avoided dinging the dial or the hands with the crystal off. Interesting about the script. I have never seen it in two lines before.

4. 13ZN May 16, 2014

It could have been much worse, especially as I'd been wearing long sleeved jumper; could have taken the hands off quite easily! No luck finding a bezel yet, I did call a company who would make one, however, they said they normally thinly plated the watch case too for colour matching purposes! Okay for something modern I suppose....