Trademark violation - ever happened to you ?

I am a professional photographer of 30 years experience, some of which was spent at the sharp end of running (arguably) the most prestigious photographer's organisation. In my extensive experience of similar IP issues, I've had much call to deal with various legal departments of multinational companies who made similar over-reaching claims and challenges.

Just because someone calls themselves a lawyer, doesn't mean they know anything about intellectual property. In fact, most corporate lawyers (in my experience) have trained in commercial contract law, and know little of the ins and outs of IP law. They regularly make wild challenges; this approach quickly spreads through the uninformed minions in companies.

I suspect that this is behind this claim. Unfortunately, by hiding behind eBay (sure to take Swatch's side, regardless of right or wrong), they may 'win' whatever idiotic point they're trying to make. You make no claim to their trademark. You haven't shown us your exact listing, but I really don't see what they could lay claim to. All of eBay would crash to a halt if no one could note the brand of item they're selling.

Much appreciate all the comments.
Still no reply from Swatch Group and the "within seventy two hours" in which eBay say they will respond to my counter claim has a few hours left so maybe i'll receive a response. :)
I would have liked to be able to show the listing but unfortunately it has gone, and they have charged for placing it in the first place. :(

Maybe Swatch are embarrassed by the fact that this Hamilton is a TAG Heuer 1000 in disguise....

Minor update - eventually a half baked one liner from Swatch basically saying they will look in to it. AND no reply from eBay despite several mails from myself.
Reckon if it keeps raining here today my mood may reach the point where I re-list the watch just for the fun of it :)

Reckon if it keeps raining here today my mood may reach the point where I re-list the watch just for the fun of it :)

Perhaps we can all chip in to help cover the listing fees if it gets removed again!

Perhaps we can all chip in to help cover the listing fees if it gets removed again!

Mr popular - Sandy Beagle can cover the fees, just no one tell him ;)

Finally all sorted with Swatch Group, long winded reply regarding the vast numbers of fakes etc. etc. but bottom line it's the real deal.
AND eBay no responses to contact - no real surprise.

David 2; Goliath 1 (and he was offside)

Well done on the successful outcome.

Sandy went to Swatch to kick ass and chew bubblegum - and ran out of bubble gum early.

Sandy obviously paid eBay a visit as well :)
Apology received today.

Sandy obviously paid eBay a visit as well :)
Apology received today.

David 3; Goliath 1

Would Sandy consider signing for Arsenal?

So I can't understand Swatch's priorities. They go hell for leather to shut down Stuart's ebay auction on what is a genuine item, but leave sites that openly sell frauds/fakes/I Don't really know what the scam is, but it's clearly a scam when a brand new, supposedly in box with Omega documentation Hour Vision in rose gold is $500. I'm struggling because I don't want to use the URL/title to give publicity, but I also want to shout at Swatch to get the site shut down - the one I'm thinking of uses a very close to Omega URL and title and I can't believe they haven't noticed...

'xxx guarantees all OMEGA watches sold through our website to be 100% brand new, in the OMEGA box & with all papers (including the warranty card/Operating Instruction) & with the original serial number intact & unaltered.'