Forums Latest Members

trade value versus cash value

1. poorrich Jun 10, 2014

i may be wrong about this but i can't figure out why cash value and trade value are different to some people. i try to trade up and i just nixed a trade because the other party said he priced it lower for a sale. to me he was just trying to squeeze more cash from me along with a watch. if someone can make a logical explanation to me i will appreciate it

2. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan Jun 10, 2014

I reckon it reflects that cash is king ...

3. Georgieboy58 Jun 10, 2014

Don't worry, I never understood that either. Only reason I can imagine is that the seller/trader actually prefers selling over trading.

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 10, 2014

A couple of possible explanations:

1. The "cash is king" argument is a powerful one. He can use your cash to get what he wants. It's like the ultimate gift card.

2. He knows his watch, he doesn't know yours. That is, there is always bit of risk-taking in doing a trade. Your watch may (or may not) require service or parts to make it saleable. He really can't know that until he does the deal, unless you've given him and/or he's giving you a right to unwind the deal if the watches aren't to either party's satisfaction.

However, maybe the best explanation is that sometimes there is simply no logic to explain human behavior.
    gatorcpa

Tritium likes this.
  5. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 10, 2014

At the end of the day its only worth what anyone is prepared to pay ;)

6. poorrich Jun 10, 2014

i agree with everyone. the risk is two way. other than pictures both sides are depending on trust. i also agree cash is king. it is always the right size and color. in that case don't put it up as fsot. we agreed on the trade value of my watch and i was adding cash to reach HIS price. it wasn't on this forum.

7. ulackfocus Jun 10, 2014

You could always do the same to him - say your watch has a different value in a trade than it does in a sale. Works both ways! ;)

8. poorrich Jun 10, 2014

i try to play fair. when i saw his watch it was before i wore mine so i never bonded as they say. well i wore it today on a new strap and the deal is now dead. the funny thing he is trading a movado tom brady auto chrono. i have found movados hard to move as most watch people don't seem to care for movado. so if it doesn't sell i won't even try a lowball.

9. poorrich Jun 10, 2014

a funny thing just happened i was going through watch recon and the other trader has it $50 cheaper there. i sent him a friend request

10. ulackfocus Jun 10, 2014

poke.png

:p

11. poorrich Jun 10, 2014

And proud of it. You would understand

ulackfocus likes this.
  12. Baco Noir Jun 11, 2014

Nice way to call him out using his own ad!

poorrich likes this.
  13. poorrich Jun 11, 2014

i was hoping he would rent a pair and respond but no luck.

14. poorrich Jun 11, 2014

i don't know if i can pm here but to mr. hugh lack focus when you lived on 6h and lombard did you know my friends with the flower shop on 8th st. the king and queen are also doo wop disc jockeys on the net.

15. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 11, 2014

to send a pm just click on the member's avatar & a box comes up with some options, including sending a pm.

16. poorrich Jun 11, 2014

thanks ierate i am. don't want to bore everyone with a question for one person. you can see how computer lit

17. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 11, 2014

Yes, I think we've got the picture :D

Mothra likes this.