Total Watch Repair

Wondering if anyone has used them for any type of servicing?

I did multiple searches in the forum to see if anyone used TWR but couldn't find anything.

I got a quote from Nesbit's, and their quote was twice as much what TWR quoted me.

You get good reviews on the message board re: Nesbitt’s.

Well, if this is how they install batteries, I wouldn't rush off to use them...

Total watch repair.jpg

Like 5
Maybe those are just special, non-conductive tweezers that look like metal.

How they placed the balance wheel on the bench made me uncomfortable:
Overhaul_300x.jpg

Well, if this is how they install batteries, I wouldn't rush off to use them...

Total watch repair.jpg

Obviously you see an issue with the way they are replacing the battery. I'm not an expert at this I will take your word. I see that you're a watchmaker. Are you in the business of providing watch servicing? If not, do you have any recs in US?

Please tell us roughly where you are, the watch in question and what, to the best of your knowledge, needs to be done.

Obviously you see an issue with the way they are replacing the battery. I'm not an expert at this I will take your word. I see that you're a watchmaker. Are you in the business of providing watch servicing? If not, do you have any recs in US?

Nesbits in Seattle! ;)

You'll have a good experience with Nesbit's in Seattle. You can visit with Jan and discuss exactly what you want done and she'll give you possible options. They are about the same price as official Omega service center but they have parts account with Omega so no issue with replacing parts as needed.

He is, does great work in Canada although I've sent all my Omegas to him from the US.

The problem with how they're replacing the battery is that they are holding it with metal tweezers, shorting the battery.

I contacted TWR about they're servicing of Glycine and Fortis watches since they're not listed by either on the US. They claim they can get genuine parts for them which I doubt. I'm weary of any of these outfits that claim they can fix or service every brand of watch. I contacted them about a "standard" service assuming no broken parts or undue wear:

A routine complete maintenance or complete overhaul includes the following:

- Complete dismantling of watch and movement followed by careful inspection of all components
- Reassembly of movement, oiling of jewels, and calibration of timing mechanism
- All gaskets are replaced, as well as any damaged minor movement parts including the mainspring.
- Rigorous quality control during 72 hours, including timekeeping, water resistance test to factory specifications, and visual inspection
- One-year service guarantee
(their emphasis)

I'm not sure I'd use them.

Please tell us roughly where you are, the watch in question and what, to the best of your knowledge, needs to be done.

Located in Louisiana in USA. I don't know exactly what the watch needs as it is still not in my possession. Bought it from a member in this forum, and I should have it in the coming days. There are some cosmetic blemishes I can see from the pics. Seller informed me that the watch is working fine. I'm just trying to make it look new/decent again. See a few pics below:

1660502-89700535bb88bea64ae62089d09e76b2.jpg

1660504-67243f4f82d78168f5f8ff629b793c68.jpg

1660505-f28205f5265974152aec8ebcacbe29a0.jpg

1660506-ba518610c74973c412329416b5f8b7cc.jpg

You get good reviews on the message board re: Nesbitt’s.

I reached out Nestbit. They quoted me a price based on description and pictures. However they did inform that they cannot replate case. I've reached out Replate-it. Still haven't gotten a quote from them.

So I'm thinking that I'll have to do separate services.

I wouldn’t have that case re-plated. I’d enjoy it as it is for a while and consider a movement only service after a couple of months.

Like 6
I wouldn’t have that case re-plated. I’d enjoy it as it is for a while and consider a movement only service after a couple of months.
+1…Movement only. Its a nice vintage watch.

Like 1