Forums Latest Members
  1. Uniqez Apr 23, 2018

Hopefully all of our Toronto based members and their families are safe...

Jwit likes this.
  2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Apr 23, 2018

happened just north of the office building I'm in. everyone here safe, but man, what a tragedy!

thoughts with everyone affected.

3. gostang9 Apr 23, 2018

Such a tragedy. There is silly no way to make sense of these events...

4. R3D9 Apr 23, 2018

What a despicable act. It’s difficult to know what to say... My heart goes out to everyone effected.

5. sjg22 Apr 23, 2018

I used to live a few blocks from where this happened - just awful.

Been a very rough month for Canada with this on the heels of the Humboldt bus tradegy.

Hard to imagine anyone being so hateful that they’d consider doing something so awful to others and their families.

6. OmegaRookie Apr 23, 2018

Thank God they didn’t go down by the Air Canada Centre tonight while the Leafs/Bruins game was on or before it starts. Just awful.

7. sjg22 Apr 23, 2018

After the truck attacks in Europe, the city was using garbage trucks full of sand parked across roads during street festivals, etc. Obviously impossible to prevent something like this randomly in the middle of the day.

I imagine security will be tight in Maple Leaf Sq tonight.

OmegaRookie likes this.
  8. BPD Apr 23, 2018

I live on the strip of where this terrible and senseless attack happened. No words can describe how I feel for all those who lost their lives and for the ones who are still fighting to survive. Please keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

murph likes this.
  9. Uniqez May 25, 2018

They are striking again....Hopefully our mates and their family are OK. ...........................................................................I love the city, probably one of my favorite places in Canada.
    Edit: removed misguided content

Edited May 25, 2018
  10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 25, 2018

I don't normally comment on things like this, but saying that either the van attack or this latest bombing are a result of the "multicultural environment" is a little more than misguided.

The van attack was by a guy who couldn't get laid, hated women and the men who were able to get laid, and had nothing to do with "multiculturalism" in any way. Regarding the bombing last night, there's not enough information to even come close to drawing such a conclusion.

Toronto is indeed a great city, and the multicultural nature of the city is a strength, and not something it pays a price for so please don't make this into something it isn't.

Regards, Al

11. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus May 25, 2018

I fully agree with Al. Toronto's multiculturalism, and Canada's, is a source of great pride and success.

Baz9614 likes this.
  12. Uniqez May 25, 2018

No offence Al. Maybe I went a bit too hard on it and I can edit my post, if you think it is offensive. Just to get it straight, I have nothing against multiculturalism. Hell, I became a part of it about 8 years ago when I moved to the States.
    For most of the people who was born and raised in the country, multiculturalism is great, just the way they see it on the picture (from media, books, etc.). They have a tittle or no clue how the adaptation goes and what's the struggles are. What is pushing people (or could push) to do something like that... Of course nobody want's to see downside of multiculturalism.

13. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 25, 2018

More incorrect and misguided than offensive. I'm not saying everything is roses in Toronto and Canada certainly, because no matter where you go there are bigots (that goes for anywhere on the planet). But to paint these incidents as a price the city pays for multiculturalism is simply not the case, at least in the van attack. Again we don't know about the incident last night, so let's not jump to conclusions please and claim that these are related to something that may not even be a factor.

14. Uniqez May 25, 2018

Like I said, I was probably a bit emotional, put in harder than I should have and we don't have all the facts is a factor ... But, the guy with minivan, that story is not really clear for me...But its just me, I guess we all adults here and all can have our own opinions... Hopefully, we are never ever going to see anything like that anymore.

15. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus May 25, 2018

Very Trumpian way of putting things.
    No more comment from me on this thread.