Forums Latest Members
  1. Wetworks Aug 4, 2015

After a long few years of nursing school, I took the final step and passed my state boards! I am now a Registered Professional Nurse!!!

To celebrate, my wife and friends rendered a couple of pictures of me in anticipation of my new career. Apologies in advance.:eek:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

persco, watchme, Mad Dog and 4 others like this.
  2. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Aug 4, 2015

Congrats, man! What an accomplishment! I wish you a successful and satisfying career :)

Wetworks likes this.
  3. ulackfocus Aug 4, 2015

This post is one of the stronger arguments for banning Photoshop.

Congrats Tommy! :thumbsup: Next time we make it to NYC you can talk shop with Windy. She's got some stories to tell.

Wetworks likes this.
  4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 4, 2015

Congratulations, nurses are the work horses of the medical system :thumbsup::thumbsup:

noelekal and Wetworks like this.
  5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 4, 2015

Congrats!

Wetworks likes this.
  6. lillatroll Aug 4, 2015

Well done, I just hope your work clothes are a little easier on the eye for the patients than those in your pictures. I think you should tell your wife that you deserve a graduation gift, maybe a new watch?

Wetworks likes this.
  7. Wetworks Aug 4, 2015

Thanks everyone! I can't wait to get started. It still really hasn't hit me yet that I pulled this off.

Lol, at least I gave you fair warning. I would love to hear what she has to share, so I will hold you to that.

I actually did get a graduation gift, my Breitling SOH. Maybe I can finagle a new career gift?

[​IMG]

As for the clothes, no promises.:oops:

lillatroll and JohnSteed like this.
  8. CdnWatchDoc Aug 4, 2015

Congrats! Great career-the nurses I work with make work life so much easier! The SOH is a great piece to use to take a pulse...:thumbsup:

dougiedude and Wetworks like this.
  9. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Aug 4, 2015

That is one fine dress ou're wearing. :D

Wetworks likes this.
  10. dejex22 Aug 4, 2015

Congratulations! Be ready to drink Henny to sleep after your shifts... lol

Wetworks likes this.
  11. Wetworks Aug 4, 2015

How about scotch?

[​IMG]

CdnWatchDoc likes this.
  12. dejex22 Aug 4, 2015

That works perfectly fine... I see you are well prepared!!;)

Wetworks likes this.
  13. JohnSteed Aug 4, 2015

:D

Dressed like a few sailors way back when, celebrating crossing equator first time. Trust me they didn't look that great by the end of the 'celebration' ;)

Congrats!!

Wetworks and Mad Dog like this.
  14. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Aug 4, 2015

Yes, but don't use it to take your own pulse, because it would most certainly be quickening well above baseline as you stare at that beautiful dial... that's gorgeous! ::love::

[​IMG]

Congratulations on a fine accomplishment... (you might need a cycling gift, too!)

Wetworks likes this.
  15. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Aug 4, 2015

Long time coming. Well done!

Wetworks likes this.
  16. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Aug 4, 2015

Congratulations @Wetworks...BRAVO ZULU. :thumbsup:

Great pics...especially the second one...lol. :thumbsup:

Edited Aug 5, 2015
    Wetworks and watchme like this.
  17. Dedalus Aug 5, 2015

Congratulations. You wear that uniform well. ::love::

Wetworks likes this.
  18. Wetworks Aug 5, 2015

Lmao, thanks guys!

@dougiedude, that's not a bad idea. Maybe a new set of hoops?:whistling:

Mad Dog likes this.
  19. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Aug 5, 2015

Yes, you should!

I'm about to get my first set of carbon aero wheels :thumbsup:...

I've held off for many years, thinking carbon wheels weren't worth the cost or the damage risk, but I think Bontrager has found the right combo of strength, aerodynamics, good braking, and less wind-buffeting in a carbon, with their Aeolus series; I'm getting the Aeolus 5 TLR D3 for clinchers...

... plus, they cost a lot less than some of the watches I've had no problem buying lately!

Wetworks and Mad Dog like this.
  20. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Aug 6, 2015

@dougiedude and @Wetworks...regarding the damage risk, carbon hoops are pretty durable (from my experience, anyway). Last year, I threw the rear derailleur into my rear ZIPP 404 tubular during a break away in a road race...busted a bunch of spokes and the hoop went all wonky...no big deal...had the spokes replaced and the 404 trued up like a champ...and stayed trued up like a champ.

Also, last year, I crashed in a crit (my fault - I suck) with the same ZIPP 404 tubulars...rode up an inside cement curb during cornering and crashed in the grass. While I was on the ground hoping I didn't take anyone else out and wondering about the equipment damage, I was pleasantly surprised to find that both ZIPPS were fully intact and true...although the sides of both ZIPPS were heavily scratched and looked craptastic. Our team Captain immediately did a quick inspection of the ZIPPS, stated they were good-to-go and instructed me to finish the crit...which I did. Upon further inspection by the mech following the crit, the scratches were found not deep enough to compromise integrity.

In sum, I'm pretty impressed regarding the durability of carbon hoops. :thumbsup:

dougiedude likes this.