Forums Latest Members
  1. Klhender Feb 1, 2018

I am interested in a small basic watch kit. I have no need to go large but have no idea what basic tools might be a good idea. Any information is welcome and Thanks in advance.

klhender

felsby likes this.
  2. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Feb 1, 2018

The tools you need depends on what you intend to do with them.

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 2, 2018

and buying a "kit" is a waste of time.

As that man ^ said, it depends on what you want the tools for.

Think about your needs for a while and then come up with a list of functions and then we can advise you as to what you should buy.

Just for interest, what is your "watchmaking" experience?

4. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Feb 2, 2018

5. Klhender Feb 2, 2018

I have no watch experience whatsoever - I just want to be able to change bands/bracelets on my own and keep cases/bracelets clean. I have no intention of opening any watch case for any reason myself. My watches include Omega, Seiko, Citizen.

6. Klhender Feb 2, 2018

This is a good idea - I have several Swiss Army Knifes in different sizes with various configurations. I'll have to take a close look in that direction.

Thank you!

7. any4xx Feb 2, 2018

Sounds like all you really need is a spring bar tool and a couple of micro screwdrivers. All easily found on the ‘net.

8. EdwardC Feb 2, 2018

Yep, and probably throw in a few spare 18mm, 20mm, 22mm spring bars, a small microfiber cloth and maybe an old tooth brush for light detailing as well.

Pun and felsby like this.
  9. Drawarms Feb 2, 2018

10. Professor Feb 2, 2018

If you have any quartz watches with screw down case backs a proper case back tool is just about a necessity to avoid marring the case back when changing batteries.
    I changed the batteries on two Seikos recently. Luckily I already had the tool and a watch case vice to hold them steady because they were on tight.
    The best case back tools have three heads and a collection of tips to fit many different size and shape of notches.

I bought a smaller two head tool as well for use on smaller cases like ladies watches. The two head type is easier to adjust properly for small cases.

11. apm1 Feb 2, 2018

Open the Bergeon website

ulackfocus likes this.
  12. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Mar 3, 2018

I am in the same situation, wanting to change straps without risking to to scratch the case.
    Does it matter which spring bar tool you buy or will all of them do the job?

13. Seacow Mar 4, 2018

All you really needs are Bergeon 6767-F, Bergeon 2819, and a set of small screwdriver.

Pun and felsby like this.
  14. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Mar 4, 2018

Thanks a lot, Seacow. Ordered by Amazon right away.