Forums Latest Members

Took some pictures of my collection.

1. cimo Apr 16, 2016

Hi everyone, I wanted to share some photos of my collection even though only one is an Omega. I recently got a new piece of photography equipment and thought it would be nice to break it in by documenting the one year anniversary of my watch collection. I have put these elsewhere on the internet, so if you have seen them already I do apologize.

The first piece is a Breitling Navitimer 92. Although it is not my most recent acquisition, it is the centerpiece of my collection (and the most photogenic, I think). It houses the Breitling B30 movement, which is the same ETA 2892 with chrono module as in the Omega Speedmaster reduced.

Next up is my newest piece, the TAG Heuer 1964 Carrera Re-edition. I included two photos of this one just because I toyed with the angle of the light source and got a neat crystal reflection. I wanted to include a clear picture of the dial, too. This one is powered by a Lemania 1873 movement, which is the same manual wind movement found in the cal 861 Speedmaster Professional.

Third is an Omega Seamaster De Ville KM6610 in solid 14k gold. It has an automatic caliber 563. Love the push-pull quickset date.

Last up is actually my first automatic watch. This watch predates my entry into the watch collecting world. It was given to me in 2009 as a graduation gift from my grandparents. I had little knowledge of horology, but chose the Le Locle as I loved the classic look and appreciated the nuance of a mechanical movement. I still treasure this watch and it fills the dress watch role in my collection.

SOTC-1.jpg SOTC-2.jpg SOTC-3.jpg SOTC-4.jpg SOTC-5.jpg SOTC-6.jpg SOTC-7.jpg

ahartfie, Andsan, Giff2577 and 10 others like this.
  2. jud Apr 16, 2016

Nice. Love the Heuer re-edition.

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. Steve9pm Strangely obsessed with cheap manual wind watches. Apr 16, 2016

Thanks for sharing :)

4. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise Apr 16, 2016

the de ville is very nice! :thumbsup:

5. sky21 Apr 16, 2016

That black Heuer re-edition on the rally strap is a winner for sure!

6. ibis888 Apr 17, 2016

Nice photos.

What kind of lighting and lens did you use?

I love the Heuer Carreras.

7. cimo Apr 17, 2016

Thanks! I used a 50mm 1.8 lens with a continuous lighting bulb in a soft box on a light stand. I got the soft box with the intent to also use it for videos.

In truth I should really be using a speed light but they're so darn expensive. It's hard to tell in these photos because I resized them, but there's some color fringing in the high contrast areas because of the ISO setting I used to compensate for the light's lack of brightness.

I just took another round of photos (got some new straps) and solved the problem by using slow shutter speeds and a remote shutter release, but the best fix would really be an adequate flash.

ibis888 likes this.