Forums Latest Members
  1. mlcor Feb 2, 2016

First post! I have been looking for a birth year watch for a while now (1958, sorry to say), manual wind, no date, small seconds. There was a beautiful black dialed one for sale here a month ago, but I moved too slowly. Having done my research, I'm ignoring all offerings from a certain Austrian based seller, and am continuing to scour this forum, but nothing yet.

I did find this one, and while the seller appears to have a good reputation on the net, this looks like it must be a redial, yes?

http://www.chrono24.com/en/omega/vi...603-12-stainless-steel-bj-1958--id4031755.htm

2. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Feb 2, 2016

I'll be the first to admit that I know absolutely nothing about watches like this one, but it does appear that there is something missing on this dial.
    Tell me I'm wrong :unsure:

3. ulackfocus Feb 2, 2016

Redial, and ludicrously expensive.

4. mlcor Feb 2, 2016

Figured as much--thank you. The search will continue. Hopefully something nice will pop up on the forum eventually...

I've never bought vintage before, and my only Omega is a Speedmaster FOIS, so I am learning as I go.

5. nightowl Feb 2, 2016

Seconds hand looks to long.

6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 2, 2016

Marker at 6 had to be left off. The re-dialler only had one sub-second hand, realised it was too long, had misplaced his cutters, didn't want the hand to snag on the marker so problem solved!

mlcor likes this.