Forums Latest Members
  1. rizon Jun 8, 2017

Check out this lovely Geneve. Cal:1012 made in 1973.
    It's in great condition to my unprofessional eye. Price: 450 USD
    What do you think? Is it legit? Should I go for it?

s-l1600-20.jpg s-l1600-24.jpg s-l1600-22.jpg s-l1600-25.jpg s-l1600-21.jpg s-l1600-23.jpg s-l1600-26.jpg s-l1600-27.jpg

Edited Jun 8, 2017
  2. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Jun 8, 2017

Why are you considering buying it?

Do you want a nice looking vintage style dressy watch that you can wear daily or for special occasions?

Or are you looking for a bargain that you can quickly flip for a profit?

Maybe you are a dedicated collector who is looking to fill a hole in his collection?

Different motivations generally mean different weightings apply regarding appearance, originality, patina, refinishing etc.

With regard to price, do some research on sold items on ebay etc. and see where the asking price sits with regard to similar watches. Even better, using the model number, you can narrow your search down.

GuiltyBoomerang, Davidt and BenBagbag like this.
  3. BenBagbag Jun 8, 2017

If I'm not mistaken, the hands are not original - as they have lume tips, but no T's.

4. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Jun 8, 2017

Edited Jun 8, 2017
    rizon likes this.
  5. rizon Jun 8, 2017

Thanks for the detailed response buddy!
    I'll keep in mind to mention this when asking for an advice in my future posts.
    My need is for "a nice looking vintage style dressy watch that I can wear daily". Do you consider this a good piece?

6. Temprus Jun 8, 2017

Personally for me, Omega Vintage watches ends with the caliber 5**.
    Poor quality photos, low resolution and does not permit you to see the real dial condition.Also, you can see that the gold plate is leaving the lugs. 20 micron gold plate - it is definitely not a good gold plate.
    This watch is overvalued.,But if you like it - you should to buy it and start to wore it. This is only way for you to understand how you next watch should look like! Regards.

rizon likes this.
  7. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jun 8, 2017

Looks like a nice honest and correct watch.

Price is not ridiculous, although I'd like it better at $350-$375.

20-micron gold plated case is at the bottom of the pond as far as value and desirability and will wear as time goes on.

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  8. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jun 8, 2017

Looks like rotor has been rubbing as well, so unless it has been serviced you will need to pay for one right away. (the over-exposed photos make it had to see, but there is a ring on the caseback; it is easier to see the wear on the rotor)