Forums Latest Members

TODAYS 105003-64 SPEEDY ON HODINKEE

1. Boony Aug 9, 2017

Who saw this today?

https://shop.hodinkee.com/collectio...dmaster-reference-105-003?variant=48077392847

The price $19,500 or £15,500 depending on where you rest your head... what do you think? I assume it was priced on the colour of the bezel...?

I know there's a lot of debate around brown dials (and whether they're a case of 'natural' patina or man-made)... but is there any thought around bezels and colour change? We see a fair amount of faded greay but blue is a new one on me (although i have a Rolex 16660 with a faded blue bezel myself).

Anyway, thought this was an interesting piece so wondered what others thought about it?

2. BenBagbag Aug 9, 2017

Well it sold. Got a lot of mixed feelings here about Hodinkee... Their thumbnail is a heavily exposed picture. It's not quite blue like that. Here is the wristshot they provide.
    B89A3522_copy.jpg

Just Livin and Kmart like this.
  3. Kmart Aug 9, 2017

Sold already, no surprise there... $19,500 is a lot of money but from Hodinkee and with how strong the market for Ed Whites has been it's not altogether absurd I guess.

Blue DON bezels are around (I think @Kringkily has one... possibly others as well). The first 4 pictures are so heavily edited though. Almost makes it look like a royal blue like a Tudor Monte Carlo bezel. The wrist shot is probably much more true to color.