Forums Latest Members
  1. JohnnyRocket Jun 10, 2019

Good day Everyone...

Just wondering what all of You Learned Watchphiles May think about the Space Master, I have spent a bit of time researching its functionality which I think may be pretty similar to My Skywalker X 33. I do know that there is a couple of more Aviation related functions.
    What I do appreciate is the somewhat funky hipster case that harkens back to the Flightmaster in a subliminal kind of way. Also I do seem to like the red on black illumination and off course the analog hands.
    So here’s the conundrum...
    Would it be worth it to acquire a very good to mint condition specimen to round out My collection of Speedy X watches?
    Anybody out there have daily experience with one?
    I do know that in Some ways it’s a bit like adding a Zebra to Your Horse Collection.
    But dang....those Stripes are Interesting!
    Any thoughts Please...

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 10, 2019

There are 2 threads in the last week about this.

3. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jun 10, 2019

I think you hit the nail on the head : Flightmaster case with Skywalker guts (and a dash of Star Trek from the make up department). If you like both then this one fits right in there...I did once try one on but can now not find the picture...

4. Swissmister Jun 10, 2019

Was hoping this was a Datsun thread. :(

Waste not want not. I had a '78 just like this. I loved that little car. (except had factory wheels)
    280.png

Edited Jun 10, 2019
  5. JohnnyRocket Jun 10, 2019

Sorry guys I might have missed that.

6. JohnnyRocket Jun 22, 2019

Just a weird side bar to the above...I Too owned a 1972 240 Z for a brief time years ago. See, ...You can Z again in a different sort of way!

Professor likes this.
  7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 22, 2019

I’ve had 2 :) miss them.

8. Vitezi Jun 22, 2019

Had a 300ZX for many years. Lovely car
    [​IMG]

9. JohnnyRocket Jun 27, 2019

Well,
    I dipped my toes into the Z well the other day and took the plunge. Looking forward to receiving a very slightly worn Space Master. Been doing a bit of research on all the functions so it will be interesting to see how it compares
    To my Skywalker X-33.
    My everyday work watch is the G Shock GPS 1000 model, which is probably
    A bit bigger in size compared to the Space Masters case. Especially in width,
    Although the height I would estimate is probably very close.
    The funny thing is that working around aircraft (in-around-over and under) The
    Wrist worn Scoreboard has yet to show any marks scratches or dings. Quite remarkable when you consider visually it’s size. I know that the Z has a lot of criticism about the height of the watch case, which can be a deal breaker...
    But it will be fun to see how they compare in wearability and comfort!
    We’ll see.

10. JohnnyRocket Jul 10, 2019

Hey there...

Well my Z-33 has arrived from Japan. A lovely watch in pristine condition.
    Yes, Virginia...it is certainly tall case wise. A joy to behold it is easy to size
    And adjust. Mine has the brown leather strap with the Titanium clasp. Holds very securely and comfortably.
    Now....the main event. Setting the watch. It was well-complicated at first until
    You successfully decipher the ikea Pictograms. Once done it works beautifully.
    The funky look of the case mixed with the red on black lighting on the digital
    Read out just screams Cool ! Anyway it’s unique - certainly the zebra in my omega horse collection. Looks great next to it’s brothers the X-33 series.

lustrousaurus likes this.
  11. 89-0 Jul 10, 2019

Um....pics?

12. JohnnyRocket Jul 10, 2019

Yep...gonna get to that. Thought that I would pose all 3 X-33 series with it.
    Post soon. Think you will find it interesting. Cheers.

13. Wivac Terribly special Jul 10, 2019

14. Mac5 Jul 10, 2019

All you had to do is ask.
    [​IMG]

15. Wivac Terribly special Jul 10, 2019

16. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 10, 2019

Look, I know it was the 1970s, but.................. was everyone in the US on "hallucinogenic stimulants" when somebody decided to add those dreadful bumper bars to such a beautiful body?

Why didn't somebody speak up? Was the whole country sleeping and they just got snuck on overnight?

So many questions.

And on the subject, who can ever forget (or forgive) what was done to the MGB :(.

ChrisN and Speedmasterfan88 like this.
  17. SeanO Jul 12, 2019

Unsafe at any Speed has fucked with America for half a century now.

Speedmasterfan88 likes this.