Forums Latest Members

To those who got their hands on the 75 pieces of Salmon Dial (AP)...

1. sdre Jan 28, 2019

http://watchesbysjx.com/2019/01/audemars-piguet-royal-oak-extra-thin-salmon.html

"Already the Royal Oak “Jumbo” is a beauty, angular without being aggressive, wide yet flat, and seemingly timeless despite having been born in a decade that didn’t produce many classics. And in white gold with the dial in “salmon” (or copper or pink gold), it gets even better.

But the caveat: the watch was announced as a 75-piece limited edition on the first day of SIHH 2019. Unsurprisingly, it met with a rapturous response, which led to it becoming instead a special edition limited to 75 pieces a year. And by the end of the week it was just a boutique exclusive that will be produced in unspecified numbers."

2. Bushido Jan 28, 2019

Hopefully, this change results in speculating flippers dropping out and reservations going towards those whom really want this watch.

Personally, I've never gone for the Jumbo and a salmon dial doesn't change that. However, for those that this piece tickles their fancy, this should be good news.

sdre likes this.
  3. texasmade Jan 28, 2019

I’m a big RO fan and would love to get a 15202 in gold. Unfortunately I don’t have $55k in my pocket to get one.

4. ConElPueblo Jan 29, 2019

I cannot see how this is bad news? Unless value is placed on the scarcity of the item itself - which, to my mind, is one of the worst aspects of collecting modern watches - then surely having a greater chance to find one is a good thing.

Exactly. Bravo to AP.

KingCrouchy and shaun hk like this.