Forums Latest Members
  1. Greatpa May 23, 2016

So I am doing a little bit of work on the Tissot Navigator cal. 2481. I bought it as is, but I am really not happy with the looks of the hands.. I see three options that I could do:
    1. Not to do anything and put it back together as it was. In this way the watch will be as original as possible, and the hands will match the dial (patina wise).
    2. Put some white paint on the hands where it is missing. Of course the risk is that it (probably) will not match the original color already on them. The second hand would be impossible to repaint like this.. :unsure:
    3. Remove all paint from all the hands including the old (now black) lume, and then repaint and relume all of them. There will be mismatch between the hands and dial, but at least the hands match each other then :thumbsup:

Thoughts and comments please ;)

Added some photos of the hands' and dials current state (sorry for the poor quality): IMG_2487.JPG IMG_2489.JPG IMG_2490.JPG IMG_2491.JPG IMG_2492.JPG IMG_2493.JPG

2. ViaAppia May 23, 2016

I'd put the original hands back as is for now and just stay on the lookout or go on the hunt for some NOS ones. I don't think they look bad but it's going to be on your wrist and what you like is really what matters

3. Greatpa May 23, 2016

Have been looking around the bay and such for replacements, but no luck so far :unsure: I do not want to spent hours looking for them though :cool:

4. ViaAppia May 23, 2016

Well I personally would not go the repaint route that's just not going to work for you in any way shape or form

5. Greatpa May 23, 2016

Well, you would have to evaporate this for me please :whistling: to my knowledge, I think it is possible..

.. just like this is possible ::psy::
    [​IMG]

6. Flingit1200s May 23, 2016

I'd get the hands stripped and repainted an off white and then have the dial and hands re lumed

7. Greatpa May 23, 2016

Thanks for the input. The dial will stay as it is, i like it that way ::love::