Forums Latest Members

To my fellow travelers, on Father's Day...

1. M'Bob Jun 18, 2017

Being a father of two children, now adults, I know first-hand what a joyous and frustrating experience being a dad can be. So to those who give it their best shot, on an on-goinging basis: congrats to you, as your efforts are a direct way to make the world a better place.

And a special shout-out to the fathers out there who have one of the following situations - we do know what you are going through, it can be really tough at times, but you are heros in your own, quiet way:

To those dads who got short-changed themselves in the father department, and didn't have a great role-model, but strive every day to do a better job than he did.

To those dads who have a particularly difficult or disappointing child, but temper their frustration with love and understanding.

To those dads that have a particularly antagonistic ex-partner, who make every issue dealing with your child a living hell, but you put it aside because you know it's the best thing to do as a parent.

To those dads that have a chronically unhappy or chronically ill child, and die a little every day inside, but keep a smile on their face to help their kid.

M'Bob

Edited Jun 18, 2017
    aap, Nathan1967, marcn and 21 others like this.
  2. Nathan1967 Jun 18, 2017

Well said that Man, well said.

3. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Jun 18, 2017

My 2 brothers and I took Dad out for lunch today. He's 90 y.o. and since my mother passed away a few months ago, he's been struggling. But we had a good time this afternoon and his spirits are getting better. That's me on the right.

I would like to echo all that M'Bob posted above. Well said :thumbsup:

IMG_2024.jpg

Mad Dog, ahsposo, noelekal and 6 others like this.
  4. jumpingsecond Jun 18, 2017

appreciate this post. new dad here so I'm trying my best and glad I've accepted the challenge.

M'Bob and blufinz52 like this.
  5. repoman Jun 18, 2017

M'bob... thanks, I qualify for the special shout out, and it was nice to read your post.

M'Bob likes this.
  6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jun 19, 2017

Honest... no one hands you a how to manual.

M'Bob likes this.
  7. epcwks Jun 19, 2017

That's the best fathers day present received to date. Thank you for the thoughtful words. A heartfelt thank you.

M'Bob likes this.
  8. M'Bob Jun 19, 2017

Back at you. Thank you for such a gracious response.

9. kkt Jun 19, 2017

Thank you, and a tip of the hat to all the other fathers out there.

Sunday morning my daughter brought me breakfast in bed! I think this is the first year she's done something in honor of the day without being prompted by anyone.

M'Bob likes this.