Forums Latest Members

To a fellow member who is looking for that Seiko wrist computer...

1. timeismoney Jul 7, 2014

2. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jul 7, 2014

does anyone ever wonder what the contemporary version of *this* watch is ?

Meaning: a watch which I could actually purchase and hold a few dozen of for 30 years?

what's your best guess? I got nothing .

3. Siac Jul 10, 2014

That's kinda cool in a "I was an 80's computer kid - War Games is a great film" kind of way :)

4. blackwatch wants tickets to the HyperBole. Jul 10, 2014

My suggestion: get something simple, easy to work on, with lots of spare parts. After WW III I bet mechanical wrist watches will really make a comeback.

Ditto for cars, although even now you'll probably have to source them from 3rd world countries to find something with no silicon in it. Also make sure they can run on ethanol.

5. AuBuyer Posh Nouveau Yank Jul 10, 2014

The guy is asking $1,500 and has the nerve to want $36 for shipping, ridiculous!

6. Siac Jul 10, 2014

Why? He wants to clear $1500, obviously.

If he was asking $1550 with free p&p, there'd be no mention and, ironically, it'd be $14 more.

7. AuBuyer Posh Nouveau Yank Jul 11, 2014

Then that is the way he should do it. The biggest complaint that eBay gets is about shipping charges. Everyone should just build it into the bid/buy price and be done with it. I've done that for years.

Here is another crazy example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMEGA-CENTR...426172155?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item3a8a2aecfbPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

8. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jul 11, 2014

What a downer. You make me want to go all Bushido and schitt.

I might know this guy who bought 4 pallets of an energy - weight loss powder taken off the market in the late 90's. His unit cost might be around 34 cents. Today, a single unit is worth 5 bucks. Good foresight! Supposedly it doesn't go bad and loses no efficacy.

9. blackwatch wants tickets to the HyperBole. Jul 11, 2014

When somebody claims "Beverly Hills" on ebay this is what they mean.
    Clipboard02.jpg

I hope this only shows up once, I really had trouble with the photo.

citizenrich likes this.
  10. blackwatch wants tickets to the HyperBole. Jul 11, 2014

Sorry, I didn't mean to be depressing. I'm feeling a bit bearish on the G.O.U.S.A. at the moment. Gotta stop reading the news.

citizenrich likes this.