Forums Latest Members

Titanium Planet Ocean GMT 232.90.44.22. 03.001

1. Zedhawk Jul 8, 2019

I currently have 2 watches in my collection a Rolex 116710LN and a Titanium Planet Ocean Liquid Metal in blue. My first watch was the 116710LN and then I eventually bought a Blue Pelagos for something with a little color and the lightweight of the titanium. I always wanted the Titanium PO, but was never able to locate one and that was why I grabbed the Pelagos and thought it was going to fill my need need for a blue/titanium 2nd watch. Well eventually I was able to source one and it was a great price so I sold my Pelagos and grabbed the PO. Since I grabbed the PO I haven't taken the 116710LN out of the safe. I am in love with my current PO due to the color and lightweight of the band. Came across the same PO Titanium in blue with GMT. Thinking of getting it and selling either my 116710LN or even both of them my PO Titanium and having just 1 watch. So I'm looking for infof fromanyone who owns this watch. Curious how it is compared to the same exact Titanium Planet Ocean (Non GMT) model. Does it wear the same and is it the same thickness? And if anyone has it and has compared it to a Rolex 116710LN.

fskywalker likes this.
  2. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jul 8, 2019

That is not how it really works.

I wish I could help. I had the 45mm titanium PO, but sold it, as the watch was too thick and did not wear well for me. I recently purchased the 8900 43mm blue dial and it wears much better for me. I think the redesigned bracelet end links made the difference.

What size PO do you have?

I think the GMTs are all 43mm. And I'm not sure if the GMT is thicker than the non GMT PO.

IMG_20190703_115942.jpg

fskywalker likes this.
  3. Zedhawk Jul 8, 2019

I have the 42mm with the 8500 movement.

fskywalker, cicindela and Taddyangle like this.
  4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 8, 2019

5. larryganz The cable guy Jul 8, 2019

I have the 42mm Ti Planet Ocean 8500 in blue (and the Ti Planet Ocean 9300) and almost traded it for a new Ti Planet Ocean GMT but didn't. At the time I had a couple of Rolex Explorer II and a GMT II, so I decided to stick with the pure Omega Ti diver and save the money.

I'd consider keeping the Planet Ocean and Submariner, and adding a Tudor Pepsi GMT which is cheaper.

fskywalker likes this.
  6. JohnnyRocket Sep 8, 2019

Good Morning Everyone...

Well My best friend who also has the Omega affliction finally convinced me to look into something nautical.
    So I ordered a new PO GMT 600 Liquid Metal Titanium model. Love the blue strap. It’s a nice size case and should fit wonderfully given the light weight of the Titanium case. I’ve got several of the X-33 series and The Skywalker is amazingly
    Comfortable. So...it will be fun to see how it fits. The PO is simply a work of art
    And I can see it as a frequent wear. The huge amount of Sea Master models
    Is truly staggering to look through. Mind you coming from the Speedy side of things I guess similar comment could be true.
    So tick tock ....count down is on. Anyone have advice or opinions?

If this continues...I will have to cull the herd ! Anybody wanna buy some
    Hamilton ‘s?....

larryganz likes this.
  7. billwhite75 Sep 8, 2019

I just got mine. Love the size of it. I am still trying to proof mine as not fake. Anyone know of any tells for this particular watch? Mine is a 2016 with 8605. Is that correct?

8. JohnnyRocket Sep 17, 2019

Hey there Bill...I too just received mine yesterday. It arrived safe and sound
    And everything was in good order. I too ordered mine from the same vendor
    As you! All cards and papers safe and sound.
    Found it to be easy to set...works beautifully!...Now I have a Sea Master big blue
    In amongst all the aerospace Speedy in the stable.
    Posting pics soon of all.
    Great choice Bill...She sure is a Beautiful Watch!

I do appreciate seeing your experience as it put my mind at ease...watching your un-pack. Enjoy!

9. billwhite75 Sep 17, 2019

Thanks Johnny,

If I ever do another video I promise the production value will be better.

10. larryganz The cable guy Sep 17, 2019

Some people here have been members long enough to change their avatar from a "?" to a photo, right?

Get creative.

11. JohnnyRocket Sep 17, 2019

Witness protection program brother. Sorry.
    Sincerely J. Rocket

12. JohnnyRocket Sep 17, 2019

It is on the stove so to speak Larry. I’ve got to be at home just long enough to
    Photograph the watch herd and come up with a suitable avatar. I’d love to share
    With you guys my great finds this past 6 months. Hopefully soon.
    I work and live internationally between countries.
    Hey... maybe I should get a Bond Watch!...It should fit easily with the specialty
    Firearms and silencer cases. Hmmm...

larryganz likes this.
  13. zinengineer Sep 17, 2019

Pictures ???::popcorn::

14. larryganz The cable guy Sep 18, 2019

They're in the oven, waiting for the avatar on the stove to be finished?

15. JohnnyRocket Sep 18, 2019

Got to be home to photograph them. Soon. Off on assignment.

16. JohnnyRocket Sep 29, 2019

Well, finally back home. Just got a chance to photograph a few of the wonderful watches that are in my Collection. Missing are My Hamilton’s.. and my 1969
    omega Constellation Automatic Chronometer, which are being quickly serviced.
    Being a big Omega fan, I hope you enjoy what’s here. Certainly love the X series
    Of watches and the Z. ACB52232-CA66-4BA0-BC90-ADB7D9471B75.jpeg 8406724A-A1A8-4BDA-8DD1-DCFF0665DD48.jpeg

Premaster and OmegaRookie like this.