Forums Latest Members

Titanium Case, Titanium Springbars?

1. bama2141 May 12, 2020

I'm a relatively new owner of a Speedmaster X-33 which has a titanium case and bracelet. Are the springbars matched to the case material -- are they titanium? Curious if I need to hunt down some for strap changes.

2. simonsays May 12, 2020

No, I am afraid there is a gap in the market for titanium springbars.

3. Dan S May 12, 2020

Just use gold spring-bars. :thumbsup:

4. w154 May 12, 2020

The titanium bracelets on the original IWC Ocean 2000 divers used silver for the pins that connected each titanium bracelet link with the next. This was so the soft silver would wear in preference to the titanium of the link itself. Maybe gold wasn’t such a bad suggestion :D

5. Evitzee May 12, 2020

Splurge, go for unobtanium springbars, you'll be the envy of OF.

6. bama2141 May 12, 2020

Ah well, my third grade teacher said there were no stupid questions (except in the blogosphere I guess). Given that Omega has no trouble charging ~$400 for a titanium deployant I thought for sure there’d be some $50 titanium springbars..

Nietzsche and simonsays like this.
  7. simonsays May 12, 2020

Don't encourage them. If Omega see this thread, well...

8. redzer007 May 12, 2020

About 20 years ago I had a citizen sailing watch, which was titanium case and bracelet. I wore it sailing regularly. While sailing it was my job to trim the spinnaker (big colourful sail up the front). I was doing this poorly when we were hit by gust of wind. Sail filled and as I had the sheet (rope) wrapped around my hand (rookie error) I took off across the deck. The only thing that stopped me was the titanium bracelet getting snagged on something. The bracelet exploded in to several pieces and upon closer inspection when back on land I discovered that my prized titanium bracelet was held together with stainless steel pins. Boy was I angry with Citizen, and exchanged several snotty emails with them. With the benefit of hindsight I may have overreacted ;-)

Still have the watch somewhere.... was the last one I bought!!