Forums Latest Members

Tissot Vintage Chrono 1930, help wished

1. aldofant Feb 22, 2019

Hi to everyone,
    I'm new to the watch world and the reason for I'm annoying you is a recent finding, a 1930 Tissot Chrono Monopusher, which unfortunately misses some parts...I have now finally open it and have ref number...
    If someone has advices or info about this model, I will be really greatefull.
    I'm thinking whether sell it or keep it as a family history piece and thinking about a restoration...
    Thank you in advance IMG_0889-22-02-19-07-53.JPG

IMG_0887-22-02-19-07-53.JPG IMG_0886-22-02-19-07-53.JPG
    valkyrie_rider likes this.
  2. ANALOGUE Feb 22, 2019

Hi,
    I think I cannot really help you... But the watch is 1: Very valueable
    And 2: Well worth a service/repair
    And 3: worth to pay more to get a really good service and hopefully original parts that are missing. I have no idea of where that would be but perhaps someone else know...

Anyways, dont make any quick decisions.

aldofant likes this.
  3. valkyrie_rider Feb 22, 2019

I would be *really* careful while selecting the watchmaker who will perform the service/restoration.

Raymondo5508 and aldofant like this.
  4. aldofant Feb 22, 2019

Thank you so much. It's really hard to have an honest and genuine point of view.

ANALOGUE likes this.
  5. aldofant Feb 22, 2019

You are right. In this case I would send it to Tissot Archive, or I really don't know where to bring it.
    Many thanks
    Regards

Elena

6. Vitezi Feb 22, 2019

Hi Elena, welcome to the forum!
    You have a lovely and rare Tissot chronograph in stainless steel and based on a Lemania 15CHT movement, circa 1937. Dials came in both black and white (like yours) with big bold numerals at the 12 and 6. As you mention, your watch has some damaged parts and is missing the subdial hands and at least one gear/wheel. Finding spare parts will be very difficult although I have occasionally seen scrapped watches and Lemania movement parts come up for sale. You will need a lot of patience and a skilled watchmaker to bring your watch back to life. On a positive note, the hour and minutes hands are correct for this watch as is the desirable steel case and dial.

Edited Feb 22, 2019
    Radiumpassion, ANALOGUE and aldofant like this.
  7. aldofant Feb 23, 2019

Very very kind. Thank you so much. I have found this watch 3 days ago and I’m now beginning to know something more.
    All the best
    Elena

Vitezi likes this.