Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Tissot Seastar Navigator Valjoux 7733 1970s vintage

1. imagwai Nov 8, 2017

As part of a wholesale consolidation and re-evaluation of my collection, I'm offering for sale my 1970s Tissot Seastar Navigator chronograph with Valjoux 7733 movement.

Condition-wise, I'm not sure you'll find a better example. Whilst it was NOS when I bought it, unfortunately I have added one or two scratches to the caseback and to the plexi. I haven't attempted to polish the crystal for fear of damaging the bezel, which as you may know, often have the numbers worn off on this model. The bezel on this is perfect. The brushing on the case is original and undamaged. The dial is superb, and the lume has aged nicely (but will still glow if you put it under bright light for a bit!). The watch keeps good time for a vintage watch - within a minute per day. The crown is a replacement from the service it had in 2014, but the original is also included (and is exactly the same anyway).

Straps - there is the Tissot crocodile strap I received with the watch - no idea if this is the original 1970s strap it came with, but it could be. There is also a Tissot corfam-style strap with original Tissot clasp, and the Heuerville black leather large-hole rally strap you see it on (which incidentally cost about £80 itself!)

Asking price is £950 (net to me) and will include shipping in the UK. References will be required unless you're using direct bank transfer.[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Edited Nov 9, 2017
    orwell, Omega1, Scepticalist and 5 others like this.
  2. M.D. Nov 8, 2017

What are the dimensions of the watch?

Also, do you have any movement pics?

imagwai and Taddyangle like this.
  3. Screwbacks Nov 8, 2017

it's beautiful than mine.

imagwai likes this.
  4. imagwai Nov 9, 2017

Hi,

Its 40.5mm across without crown, and 43mm lug to lug. Wears well on small and large wrists alike. Lug width is 20mm.

I'm afraid the mild scratching on the back was from my poor attempt to open it (I know, I know!), so there is no movement pic I'm afraid. However, the watch winds smoothly and runs consistently.

5. Scepticalist Nov 10, 2017

I have one of these - a seriously great looking and practical vintage watch of great build quality.

A good price especially considering the extra straps. It took me a long time to find one in this condition myself and I paid a similar price

Tissot of this era are very underrated and undervalued imo.

GLWTS.

citizenrich and imagwai like this.
  6. helloafrica Nov 10, 2017

nice !

imagwai likes this.
  7. imagwai Nov 19, 2017

Withdrawn - wore this today and not sure I can sell it

Scepticalist and citizenrich like this.
  8. Scepticalist Nov 20, 2017

Don' blame you. One of my favourite watches to wear that I have.

JimJupiter and imagwai like this.