Forums Latest Members

FS Tissot Seastar Alarm - c1969 mechanical wrist alarm - reduced $595

1. Kiwibloke May 14, 2023

Hi OF

Continuing the recent sell-down I have reached right into the back of the drawer to find the first vintage watch I purchased - a very clean Tissot Seastar mechanical wrist alarm.

Not that you see a lot of them but the Tissot Seastar or Navigator alarms are typically labelled Sonorous. I believe this wasn't possible for some reason in the Asian market, so the dial is different - with Tissot Seastar as two lines under the applied logo, and Alarm towards the bottom of the dial.

- Reference 40400-4x and cal 1475 mechanical movement
    - Unmarked silver dial with silver applied T - logo and hour markers
    - Orange centre sweep second hand and red alarm hand
    - Both crowns are signed
    - Acrylic in excelent condition
    - Genuine Tissot leather strap with signed buckle (albeit gold..)
    - Stainless case is virtually unmarked with brushed finish surrounding the dial
    - 35mm but does wear larger
    - additional 18mm stainless bracelet thrown in...

All-up a very nice throw-back to pre-quartz alarm clock days...

I have recent seller references here on OF; integrity guaranteed and delivered. I have included international shipping with higher end watches recently sold; can't commit to that here but will certainly split the tab with you...

Had a watchmaker take the caseback off (I don't trust myself) so pics from all angles and lighting to hopefully show just how clean this piece is. Priced in USD ($675) but can accept equivalent in most major currencies through wise.com.

Now the pics and thanks OF for the ability to list here.
    IMG_2275.jpeg IMG_2277.jpeg IMG_2274.jpeg IMG_2273.jpeg IMG_2269.jpeg IMG_2280.jpeg IMG_2286.jpeg IMG_2285.jpeg IMG_2284.jpeg IMG_2283.jpeg IMG_2288.jpeg IMG_2267.jpeg IMG_2278.jpeg

IMG_2287.jpeg IMG_2279.jpeg IMG_2276.jpeg
  2. Kiwibloke May 24, 2023

Bump with price reduction!