Forums Latest Members

Tissot Newtimer - Jumping Hour Incoming

1. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 29, 2016

I've been after one of these for ages and they rarely come up for sale.
    There was one from Canada that should have been in the "Unrealistic Price Expectations" thread and a couple from South America that could have made the "Worst Redials" list.

Imagine my surprise to see one come up under my very nose on ΩForums. A very nice blue dial in great condition being sold by @Taddyangle (Bernard).

A couple of quick PMs and we reached an agreement and before I'd even paid the watch was on its way to me.
    Financial matters all completed it was just the wait I had to have the patience for.

After another recent purchase that took 55 days to get to me, I have learned not to expect postal miracles. However, on checking USPS tracking and AUSPOST tracking I was pleased to see that the watch had crossed the Pacific in record time and was in my local sorting centre.

I had to go into the city today, a visit to the zoo with my daughter and grandkids, so I hoped the delivery wouldn't happen until tomorrow, so imagine my surprise when I opened the front door (after being back home for a couple of hours) and saw a USPS package on the door mat.

A quick trip to the kitchen for a knife and everything started to be revealed. A sturdy USPS box large enough for all of the stickers required for international deliveries, plenty of bubbles to stop the package from crashing around and the watch nicely cocooned in a protective layer of bubbles and wrapping.

TJH1.JPG

Instead of having to battle with layer after layer of clear tape that some sellers seem to think necessary for safety, just a couple of easily removable bits to let me get to the action without delay and frustration.

TJH2.JPG

Released from its plastic prison the sizeable chunk of stainless steel shone under the LED overheads with the blue crystal "dial" providing a great contrast to the silver case and bracelet.
    And did I mention that blue dial?

TJH3.JPG

After adjusting the time to Australian Local it was time for a wrist shot. The bracelet was a perfect fit without any adjustment required and feels very comfortable where I wear my watches on the lower wrist.

TJH4.JPG

So that's it. A big thankyou to Bernard for such a great opportunity, and kudos for the way he handled his end of the sale. I can only hope that all Ω Forums watch sales will measure up to his level of excellence.

Cheers

Jim

rhj, OMGRLX, Gavin and 3 others like this.
  2. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jun 29, 2016

Jim,

The watch is awesome. I really had second thoughts on selling it, but since I wore it 3-4 times a year it made no sense to keep it in the watch box. Enjoy.

JimInOz and OMGRLX like this.