Forums Latest Members

FS Tissot idea 2001: NOS and unworn, working perfect: swatches grandfather

1. Tom Dick and Harry Jan 25, 2015

Evening all

I bought this beauty back in September, it's something quite special and really was the first of a kind. Back in the day (1970's) Tissot really were innovative in their design and brand (much as they have become today with things like the T-Touch). In the 1970's they produce a number of plastic cased watches, including things like the Sidereal Bullhead (fundamentally the same movement as the Omega bullhead in a plastic case).

DSCF3500.jpg

One of the real show stoppers for Tissot was the idea 2001, a watch that was virtually all plastic (although they are serviceable) with no screws etc etc, really something quite impressive. The cal 2250 used only 52 parts and most were made from plastic (self lubricating) as opposed to the 91 in a tradition movement, thus significantly reducing the production costs. Values have risen sharply in the last few years with NOS examples fetching upto £1K, primarily because they are like hens teeth

DSCF3497.jpg

Piotr has written a great piece on them on his site crazy watches http://www.crazywatches.pl/tissot-as...-research-1971

Anyway, although I love it I really cannot justify keeping it as I have never once worn it for more then 20 minutes! With this in mind it needs to go to a new home, it is exactly as pictured and has the bonus of a completely NOS spare strap and the new owner can chose from a spare red or spare brown band (these are £75 each on their own)

DSCF3501.jpg

I am looking for a very fair

£425 shipped RMSD or International Signed for (payment via BT or paypal gift/ you cover fees)

GMacB likes this.
  2. Tom Dick and Harry Feb 1, 2015

One off reduction to £350 for a quick sale

Chaps these are super rare now and this is a NOS item

Andy Lau and Andi M. like this.