Forums Latest Members

SOLD Tissot Heritage SeaStar PR 516 GL, Full Set, Like New Condition

1. pnwyankee Apr 27, 2021

( Lengthy description below, I apologize if it seems a bit much, but personally, I enjoy knowing as much as possible about any watch I am considering purchasing, and this is a particularly interesting and appealing watch from a historic brand and at a crazy good price point! )

"Introduced by Tissot for Basel World 2012, the Heritage PR516 is a throwback to the PR 516 from the 1960s and 70s, one of Tissot's most favored vintage pieces.
    To be specific, the Heritage PR516 is actually an homage to the Tissot Seastar PR 516 GL - and this new piece retains the same dial markings as the original.
    Sized at 40mm with a sapphire caseback and Steel case plus a steel big-hole sport bracelet." (from Hodinkee)

"The Dial closely mirrors the appearance of the original and is very 1960’s in appearance.
    It has a silver chapter ring with large, blocky indexes affixed which floats just above the silver dial. This part has a faint sun ray pattern that can be seen in bright light, giving the dial more character.
    The dial also features a vintage Tissot logo, a raised silver block with the letter “T” in the middle. This is a nice touch of class on the watch. The hands, which mirror the indexes in size and shape, are easy to align with the indexes when setting the watch.

One of the features of this watch is a day and date display, located at the 3 position. These change simultaneously right at midnight with a noticeable click. With the day display, you can choose between a normal day abbreviation or one that has the number of the day of the week in red alongside the day (i.e. 1MON, 2Tue and so forth).

The case is made of 316L grade stainless steel, an industry standard for steel watches. It is polished on the sides and brushed on the top with a large crown that is easy to grasp, yet doesn’t protrude significantly from the case. Pulling the crown to the first position sets the day (counter-clockwise rotation) and the date (clockwise rotation). Pulling the crown to the second position stops the second-hand and allows for setting the time precisely.

Powering the watch is a basic ETA 2824 movement. Aside from the rotor, which carries a modest degree of finishing, the movement is unremarkable and unadorned. On the plus side, it is known for its robust character and dependability, performing its task with typical Swiss precision. It features 25 jewels and can be viewed through the transparent case back. One interesting characteristic is the representation of a steering wheel, which is placed over the movement and underneath the transparent case back, an homage to the racing spirit of the original model.

One of the welcome features on a watch of this price range is the slightly domed and beveled sapphire crystal. The dial is easily viewed through the crystal, which lacks any type of anti-reflective coating. The crystal rises about a millimeter above the case and has a beveled edge all the way around which actually seems to channel light onto the silver chapter ring, making it stand out nicely.

Overall, the Heritage PR516 GL is a great watch with a vintage look but without the drawbacks of a vintage watch."

Price: $399, plus $35 for conus shipping ( the large Tissot Box will make shipping more expensive :( )
    Payment: PayPal Friends & Family, please.
    Includes everything shown in there pictures, including original steel Tissot Bracelet.
    I thought it looked nicer on the brown Hadley Roma Leather strap and I will include that in the sale.
    The watch, bracelet and strap are all essentially Brand New, worn a couple of times, thus the sale. I am the original owner.

Omega Forums Private Watch Sales References: https://omegaforums.net/search/15600549/?q=pnwyankee&o=date&c[node]=10

My eBay feedback is 475 feedback ratings: 100% positive

Thanks OF for the space.

Pictures.....

Tissot PR516.jpg

Tissot PR516-2.jpg

Tissot PR516-3.jpg

Tissot PR516-4.jpg

Tissot PR516-5.jpg

Tissot PR516-6.jpg

Tissot PR516-7.jpg

YYTIN and Spruce like this.
  2. JwRosenthal Apr 27, 2021

Gotta give it to Tissot, they didn’t muck up a classic.

pmitchjr and pnwyankee like this.